Sr. Software EngineerBangalore, India 06/12/2019
Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer, Quality Engineering – IT (I7), Bangalore
Dell IT Overview:
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
About Business Unit:
Dell's Platform Engineering and Operations Organization, Quality Engineering (QEO) team is hiring a Sr. Software Engineer- to deliver on projects for our global cross segment customers. Responsibilities will include understanding requirements, data setup, developing functional and regression automation scripts and test cases, ensuring adherence to the KPIs and metrics, and supporting the organizations migration towards Pivotal Labs model. The QE E2E team cuts across the various business segments within Dell and the specific position is to support the Dell Commerce Services team and Enterprise Data Mobility and Engineer teams which aims at building & testing solutions that allows our customers to deliver on Dell's current and transformational initiatives. You will play a defining role in ensuring the consistent delivery and high quality of the Dell’s eCommerce services and EBI platform.
- Participate in Scrum ceremonies such as Sprint Planning, Grooming sessions
- Execute to schedule, cost and documentation to ensure assigned projects come to successful conclusion
- Enable improved test optimization, and enhanced quality at a faster pace through Automation and AI/ML methodologies
- Draft and revise test plans and scripts with consideration to end-to-end system flows
- Execute test scripts according to application requirements documentation
- Log defects, identifies course of action and performs preliminary root cause analysis
- Communicates test results to project team.
- 8 to 10 years of total software/IT engineering/code development experience. Out of this at least 3+ testing & Test Automation development experience
- Good knowledge of Test Management tools such as TFS/MTM
- Ability to participate in teams and be an effective team player
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment; work with minimal supervision while delivering on action items in a timely fashion
- Hands-on experience in Web Services Testing
- Hands On Experience in Test Automation using Selenium & C#/.Net
- Hands on experience in DevOps delivery models
- Familiarity with Agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development lifecycle principles
- Experience with MS SQL preferred
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Information-Technology Engineering Job ID: R63326
Related Job Opportunities
- Senior Engineer, Technical Support-RSA Archer Bengaluru, India
- Consultant IT Application Management Bengaluru, India
- Sr Advisor Application Management Bengaluru, India