To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities during COVID-19, please read a letter from Michael Dell.
Staff Engineer VCF Engineering
Bengaluru, IndiaApply Now
Your next adventure at VMware is only a click away!
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF), a VMware offering in exponential growth mode, is a hybrid cloud infrastructure platform to run modern workloads, from mission-critical workflows to containerized apps, in the private cloud, public cloud, and at the edge. VCF integrates compute, storage, networking, security, and cloud management services, including support for modern composable hardware, to create a consistent, and dynamically configurable, infrastructure.
We have ambitious goals to expand VCF infrastructure in a way that makes it simpler to run these modern workloads, which are distributed, hybrid, multi- cloud and elastic. That involves turning these full stack infrastructure clusters, hardware(s) plus software(s), into programmable, intelligent, intent-driven software endpoints. deployed, secured, and easily managed at scale, like a software CI/CD pipeline. The infrastructure is intent-driven, whereby an application can provide its runtime characteristics and requirements of the infrastructure and expect the entire stack to configure itself intelligently. The infrastructure also reconfigures or maintains itself on ongoing basis, to support these hybrid applications’ dynamic, elastic needs.
We are looking for a talented and seasoned Engineer with extensive hands-on experience in Networking domain, testing Cloud/System Management software to join the VMware Cloud Foundation(VCF) R&D Group.
As part of the VMware Hyper Converged Infrastructure Business Unit, Integrated Systems – Customer Adoption and System Test team, you will work on testing ISBU products at VMware’s India Center in Bangalore. As a member of the team you will develop and execute System and API tests, write and review test plans/cases, and contribute to API and UI test automation efforts. You will closely work with developers and the Quality Engineering team within R&D to deliver quality releases in an Agile development environment. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Conducting system testing activities
- Test automation and code coverage analysis
- Identifying testability requirements
- Participating in regular scrum meetings, planning and story pointing sessions, and design and code reviews
- Training and mentoring junior engineers by providing technical guidance and direction
- Lead test efforts on a platform or release
- Communicating technical dependencies and concerns/issues effectively
- Running code coverage and provide coverage inputs to the development team
- Creating and review test strategy/plans, test cases, and test specifications
- Designing, developing and executing manual and automated tests
- Working with PM organization in associating requirements with customer use cases
- Working closely with VMware R&D and other Quality Engineering teams, to leverage existing test cases and test suites currently available for internal use
- Developing techniques for effective communication and collaboration with onsite and remote members of development, QE, and PM teams
- Taking initiative to improve products, tools, and process
- Working closely with developers to resolve issues and reproduce bugs
- Managing activities to meet delivery dates and milestones, and communicate status and risks to QE leads and project team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Relevant total 10+ years of total Quality Assurance experience, out of which 5+ years of experience with test automation tools and techniques
- Extensive hands-on experience in Networking domain
- Basic system administration skills (installing and configuring operating systems (Linux, Windows), Domain and hardware)
- Good understanding of OOPS concepts
- Experience in designing and developing test frameworks and tools
- Demonstrated expertise developing Automation using one or more of the following tools : Java, Python or equivalent
- Good understanding of the internals of Windows operating system and Active directory
- Exposure to Bug Tracking Tools (viz. Jira, Bugzilla) and Test management Tools (viz. HPQC)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with VMware products (vSphere, ESX)
- Exposure to Cloud Service providers and technologies (ie. AWS/Azure)
- Experience in OS internals, OS administration and management
- Experience in Web Services testing (REST /SOAP), Web Application testing, and API test development using Java
- Experience working with global teams
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Working knowledge of build, configuration management, and source control tools (Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, Ansible, GIT, etc)
- Exposure to load/scalability testing techniques and tools (Jmeter/LoadRunner)
- Understanding of networking concepts and best-practices
This position is eligible for the JoinHCI referral campaign
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Quality Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-04-01
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2004422