Technical Content Developer - 2Bangalore, India 02/14/2020
Job Title: Technical Content Developer 2
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
About Business Unit:
Ground-breaking products deserve to be accompanied by world-class technical information. Dell customers expect nothing less. That’s where our Technical Content Development team comes in. Working side-by-side with editors and illustrators, subject matter experts and stakeholders, the team creates clear, concise and easy-to-understand content for multiple channels. It takes an ability to research, analyze and synthesize complex subject matter. And it’s all underpinned by an understanding of how our technologies work and how they benefit customers.
Key Responsibilities :
- Writes, edits and proofs hardcopy and online documents for consistency. Examples: reference documents for hardware and software products, code, user interface tests, white papers, Application Program Interface and Command Line Interface Documentation, online help systems.
- Ensures all deliverables are technically and mechanically accurate.
- Collaborates with department team members, engineering, marketing, services, legal, regulatory and others to develop content for standard documentation sets, software and special initiatives in-line with the development cycle.
- Creates and manages document schedules, content management, and information architecture.
- More experienced writers may train outside business groups as needed on tools, applications, reporting, and content workflow needs.
- Creates and revises technical information, including installation, operation and maintenance instructions, and other types of technical content such as technical advisories and release notes.
- Works with editors, incorporating editorial feedback to ensure that company style and standards are appropriately expressed in technical content and media
- Publishes content to a variety of outputs, including PDF documents, web pages, blog articles, wikis, videos, and online help systems.
- May participate in social media discussions related to technical content and information experience.
- Uses content authoring, publishing, and source control tools while occasionally seeking technical assistance.
- Learn to leverage a variety of information sources including: bug comments, whiteboard discussions, community forums, knowledge transfer, and third-party website and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) content.
- Follows standard technical writing and content development practices under general direction.
- Interacts primarily with professionals in the immediate work group.
- Demonstrates initiative and may participate in process improvement activities.
- Is familiar with prevalent software development methodologies. Implements content plans that include user stories.
- Learns to support localization activities.
- Understanding of technical content authoring workflows Knowledge of industry standards such as DITA, XML, and HTML Knowledge of job related content authoring, publishing, and graphic design tools
- BE/ME (any stream) or BSc in Computer Science or BCA. Should have at least 5 years of experience in the technical writing field.
- Strong experience developing different types of documentation
- Vast experience in using XML-based editors such as XMetaL (or similar tools - DITA) and can even troubleshoot issues
- Excellent command of English language
- Ability to plan work schedule for different programs (for self)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and can collaborate and drive relationship with cross-functional teams
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re keen to create technical content that gives a world-class user experience to global customers, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering-Services Job ID: R057582