To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities during COVID-19, please read a letter from Michael Dell.
Technical Support Engineer 2
Primary Location: Bangalore,
Additional Location(s): Bengaluru, India
Senior Technical Support Engineer
At Dell Technologies, world-class service doesn’t end when a customer purchases our innovative products. Our Technical Support team is there for them whenever they need help – by phone or email, online and on social media. No matter how complex the challenge, we rise to it. We answer questions about the installation, operation, configuration, customization and use of Dell Technologies products. For critical matters, we use our systems to provide remote diagnostic technical support. If there’s an issue with a customer’s product, we’ll analyze it, identify the cause, recommend a solution and document the problem.
Join us as a an Engineer on our Technical Support team in Bengaluru to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you possess a proven aptitude for learning new technologies and constantly progressing your expertise, in a proactive, self-driven manner. You are highly analytical and methodical while working to solve product and network problems of medium to high complexity. As part of this customer-facing role, you will work closely with our Engineering team and impact product development.
- Resolve customer-reported issues while working closely with other cross functional teams
- Provide feedback to Engineering for improving the product quality and reliability
- Manage your own schedule of cases, which includes determining priority levels and sometimes negotiating and setting expectations with customers
- Document relevant information and ensure that the customer is communicated with in a timely manner regarding the overall progress of their issue and treated with the highest degree of respect
- Drive operational excellence through quality closures and proper escalation of issues
- Sometimes contribute by handling medium level customer/sales escalations, and mentoring junior/new team members
Non Technical -
- Strong experience in a previous technical support role
- First-rate customer focus, phone etiquette, and work ethics
- Excellent communications skills and willing to work in shifts
- Ability to work under pressure with calmness and composure
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills using operational and diagnostic procedures
- Excellent knowledge of information and network security fundamentals
- SQL Language knowledge
- Active Directory Administration Fundamentals
- Hands-on knowledge of Linux, Network protocols and Web-based applications
- One or more of the below skills is a huge plus –
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) troubleshooting and/or administration
- API or SDK troubleshooting and/or administration
- Storage Technologies troubleshooting and/or administration
- Hardware troubleshooting and/or administration
- CISSP, CEH, OSSP or similar security certification is a plus.
- Product based support center supporting a global customer base experience is an advantage
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R065647