Director Government Germany - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: ,Berlin
Are you passionate about coaching & developing people? Do you have experience in successfully leading a team, selling to the Public Sector/ Government Industry?
As a Manager Sales Government, you’ll be leading a sales team of 5-6 highly skilled, seasoned sales individuals consisting of both Strategic Account Managers and Enterprise Account Managers. The mission is to further develop our footprint in the Public Sector by solidifying existing major accounts and elevating VMware to a more strategic partner in our customers' businesses. We want our customers to know that our solution set is a platform that changes the role that IT plays from being a cost burden to a strategic business partner.
This is a rare opportunity to join one of the most dynamic and growing sales organizations anywhere today. VMware's growth over the past years is unparalleled in enterprise software.
- Reports directly to the Senior Director Public Sector & Healthcare and will be responsible for managing a 6-7 person sales team
- Must possess strong leadership skills and the ability to build a complex sales strategy to ensure both short and long term goals, objectives and quotas
- Develops a consistent business growth within this market
- Is responsible for an appropriate sales pipeline in the German Government Sector
- Aligns the team to the Government and overall Public Sector Strategy
- Acts as the front line manager who recruits, hires, develops, and manages the sales team
- Leads, motivates and inspires his whole team, on a professional technical level, as well as on a personal level
- Develops Go-to-Market business strategies and generates awareness in the Public Sector Market
- Works closely with channel partners to generate new business opportunities
- Works closely with other departments and other expert areas to identify and promote relevant business innovations.
- 5+ years of leading a sales team in a fast paced, highly competitive, ever-changing sales environment
- Profound coaching and (people) development skill
- Minimum of 8 years in quota carrying sales role with demonstrated achievement
- Minimum of 5 years selling into the Public Sector Industry
- Proven ability to work effectively with and across all levels of business and IT contacts within very large and complex organizations
- History of coordination within an internal set of multi-functional teams such as Systems Engineers, Inside Reps, Field Marketing, Professional Services, and Channel Management to ensure target quotas are achieved and exceeded
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
- Ability to motivate & inspire people
- Teambuilder – aligning direct reports as well as business units and system engineers to a joint team
- Building opportunities based on deep market knowledge
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expect high standards for self and team
- Analyzes available data and makes decisions which are best for VMware
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-08
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2101840