Software Engineering Manager - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Boston,Massachusetts
VMware’s Cloud Management Business Unit (CMBU) is seeking an Engineering Manager to lead one or more teams in our Automation SaaS organization working on our vRealize Automation Cloud suite of products. We build creative, comprehensive cloud management solutions, products and cloud services that manage hybrid (multi-cloud) environments running anything from traditional to container (cloud native) workloads delivering availability, performance, capacity and cost management.
VMware's Automation SaaS turns all your private and commercial cloud environments into one integrated cloud. You build and deploy your computing resources wherever you want, when you want. VMware Automation provides dev-ops capability to respond quickly as your needs change.
Are you an innovator and problem solver that loves working with new technologies?Do you want to lead a team that delivers high quality products solving customer problems? Are you passionate about solving cloud management challenges across public, private and hybrid cloud?
If you answered yes to any of the above and thrive giving candid feedback and contributing to the development of new ideas and services, we are the team for you.
We are a highly focused, fast moving, agile Engineering team. We believe everyone's voice matters. We value diversity, different perspectives and an unrelenting commitment to delivering software that provides high value and solves real problems. We strive to quickly deliver highly performant, scalable services at the highest possible quality.
As a Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to make significant and direct impact on our hybrid cloud products, work closely with our partners and solve some of the most complex technical and business challenges.You will partner closely with other engineering teams, product management, and customer facing teams to design and deliver high-quality code, packaged for portability, and built following modern best-practices. Your team will be fast-paced, maintaining a healthy sense of urgency, and continually improving engineering processes and architectural decision-making to optimize for quality and efficiency.
Role and Responsibility
- You have passion for technology and customers
- You have the urge to deliver phenomenal software to our customers
- You have passion for quality and excitement for solving problems
- You are self-motivated and have the ability to work in an agile manner
- You have passion for building, leading, and coaching great engineers and teams and helping each individual achieve their career goals
- You have a proven track record of recruiting and retaining top engineering talent
- You will work with Product Management to onboard and support critical customers
- You will collaborate both within the team and with external teams to design, implement and integrate new and enhanced features with the highest quality
- You have passion for building software with great user experience that delights our customers
- You translate and clarify high-level requirements to user stories and tasks, remove roadblocks for the team
- You are detail oriented with a focus on implementation excellence
- You have a demonstrated ability to understand product design and architecture. Willing and able to get into technical details.
- Working across backend and frontend teams, infrastructure and domain teams
- 10+ years working in the software industry delivering enterprise level solutions.
- At least the last 3+ years experience in managing top notch software development teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required with preference for Computer Science or Engineering.
- Proven experience in delivering enterprise class, production quality, highly available & highly scalable software or services.
- Hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
- Strong software development and project management fundamentals.
- Ability to work with and lead strong engineers.
- Ability to work in a geographically dispersed organization.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and solve deep technical issues.
- Experience with microservices architecture, cloud computing, containers technology, and cloud-scale design.
- Experience with Java full-stack development
- Master's degree in Computer Science highly desirable
- Familiarity in development of services oriented architecture and integrations
- Experience in collaborative team continually delivering SaaS solutions on AWS
- Familiarity with Apache Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker or other infrastructure software
- Experience with deploying and monitoring services in AWS
- Deep understanding of cloud-scale and micro/macro-services architectures.
This position is eligible for CHReferralCMBU referral campaign
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Product Dev Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-06-17
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2106981