Consultant, Global Commodity Manager, Internal Use Software GCM
Primary Location: Slovakia
Global Commodity Manager, Internal Use Software GCM
A ground-breaking company making game-changing products needs an exceptional supply chain. Commodity Management within Materials and Procurement develops and implements plans to support forecasted needs for suppliers or commodities. We use our in-depth knowledge of foreign and domestic markets to negotiate supplier agreements and contracts with optimum pricing and terms. We also harness our understanding of commodity qualities, transportation options, risk management and supply chain evaluation models to develop optimal commodity management strategies.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Global Commodity Manager on our Procurement team in Bratislava.
What you’ll achieve
As a Global Commodity Manager, member of the Internal Use Software procurement team, you will have an opportunity to support Dell’s Services transformation strategy, develop your career, and partner with a diverse team of talented procurement experts.
- Build and maintain key relationships with strategic partners, Assist development and execution of global software commodity strategy (including Supplier Diversity, SER, Compliance) and quarterly interlock with business partners across several organizations and multiple strategic suppliers
- Drive Dell and suppliers to develop process improvements to maximize effectiveness and to reduce Dell's total cost of ownership, also implement Dell's strategic procurement initiatives with their suppliers to improve Dell and supplier processes to achieve these goals
- Build peer and executive (as necessary) relationships across the Business Unit and globally within General Procurement to execute against commodity strategy and drive best practice
- Actively participate in commodity industry and trade associations to build depth and breadth of business acumen
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Fluent English
- Program/project management skills and the ability to gain respect of cross functional organization
- Strategic planning skills, strong analytical thinking, advanced excel, problem solving skills and ability to analyze complex sourcing decisions
- Contract development and negotiation skills
- Price/cost Analysis, market research and trend analysis skills
Salary starting from: 3 500 EUR gross monthly
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
#ProfesiaJob ID: R081528