Global Commodity Manager, Field Services
Primary Location: Slovakia
Remote - Slovakia
Global Commodity Manager, Field Services
A ground-breaking company making game-changing products needs an exceptional supply chain. Commodity Management within Indirect Procurement develops and implements plans to support forecasted needs for suppliers and services. We use our in-depth knowledge of foreign and domestic markets to negotiate supplier agreements and contracts with optimum pricing and terms. We also harness our understanding of quality, transportation options, risk management and supply chain evaluation models to develop optimal category management strategies.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Global Commodity Manager on our Indirect Procurement team in Bratislava.
What you’ll achieve
As a Global Commodity Manager, you will be responsible for driving competitive pricing, limiting supply chain risk, and enabling leading customer experience for Dell's Services offerings. You will work closely with the Dell's Services Organization to drive strategy and help manage Dell's operating expenses.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with our suppliers and Services stakeholders
- Help define and align strategy across Procurement and Services
- Drive supplier sourcing events from requirements gathering through contract execution
- Lead quarterly business reviews with Dell's most strategic partners
- Monitor supplier risk and maintain contingency plans across supply base
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Experience as a procurement category manager with demonstrated results delivering cost savings, continuity of supply, improved product/service quality, and/or financial/operational benefits
- Experience leading and/or contributing to cross functional teams in a corporate environment through collaborative project management and problem solving
- Experience influencing internal and external stakeholders through negotiation, relationship management, and effective communication
- Effective verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6+ years with a Master’s degree; or 3+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
- Prior experience managing procurement of one or more of the following categories: call centers, field services, consulting, contingent labor, and/or professional services
- In-depth knowledge of global labor market trends, negotiation levers, market research sources, and/or market forecasts
- Experience defining and implementing comprehensive category sourcing strategies
Salary starting from: 2 600 EUR gross monthly
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: January 29, 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
#ProfesiaJob ID: R080971