To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Principal Data Scientist
Primary Location: Bratislava,
Additional Location(s): Bratislava, Slovakia
Principal Data Scientist
Our data scientists & engineers are helping to shape our marketing strategy for a digital world.
What are our goals in Marketing?
- Drive perception
- Drive demand
- Grow the buyer base
- Build the best content
The models and solutions you deliver will be the essential ingredient we use to supply our customers & sales with relevant product recommendations and creative breakthroughs to our business.
We offer you a fast-paced work environment in a diverse team with exposure to Dell teams across the globe. You will be part of a dynamic, collaborative and cross-functional team focused on making significant business impacts.
You will be applying, but also developing/improving, supervised and unsupervised algorithms. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate and develop your analytical and technical skills with challenging projects and work with our experienced data scientists and big data engineers. Expect to expand your skills in Python / R, the Hadoop ecosystem including Spark (Scala / PySpark / SparklyR) & Hive, relational databases, and applying machine learning techniques to large datasets.
- Lead discussions to frame problem statements, develop hypotheses, design data frames, recommend modeling approaches, measure success & testing criteria
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale feature engineering, model development, model validation and production
- Communicate with product teams and leadership and turn hard and abstract into simple and approachable
- You have professional experience. 6+ years of experience in predictive modeling and analysis, preferably customer journey and targeting to drive business outcomes
- Proficiency in Python or R especially on data wrangling, analysis, and modeling
- Expertise in experiment design and methods, from A/B tests to quasi-experiments
- Excellent problem solving, analytic skills, and written and oral English communication skills
- Education (Master’s degree or higher) in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with Apache Spark in particular Scala, PySpark and/or SparklyR
- Have deployed models in production or know how it is done.
- Experience with Kubeflow or other docker/container based solutions. Experience with Pytorch or Tensor flow are big plus.
Salary starting from: 2 900 EUR gross monthly
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play. Dell Technologies has been active in Slovakia since January 2003. We are supporting the whole EMEA region plus the main financial hub of Dell Technologies globally thanks to more than 2500 team members. We offer a broad palette of positions in IT, finance, sales, marketing, data science, technical support and operations. Grow your career with in a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn moreon how we are closing the diversity gap.
Private employee gym
Private medical care
Access into our Learning studio – more than 1,000 online trainings
To see the full list of benefits, click HERE.
Dell Technologies is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell Technologies are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell Technologies will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell Technologies encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R067084