Project Management Intern - opportunity for students
Join us as an IT Project Manager - Intern on our Dell Digital Department to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As an IT Project Manager intern you will be working on global projects that will have a positive effect on the Dell Digital environment. The team you will be joining provides IT services for all of Dell global offices. The projects managed will include a variety of IT infrastructure projects that incorporate networking, storage, servers, telecom, and other DC devices towards upgrades, EOL and consolidation.
At first, you will be working as project coordinator support team members on a variety of the projects with other project managers. You will learn the tools, technologies, processes, and the people that enable projects to get done. As you gain skills and experience working with other project managers, you will be given the opportunity to lead projects on your own. You will be challenged but also have a team of project and program managers behind you
As an Intern you will:
- Have opportunity to deepen your technical skills in networking, telecom, and other key and emerging technologies
- Co-lead and/or manage all aspects of the project execution for small to medium projects including scope definition, requirements gathering, project planning, change control, deployments, risk management and reporting and ensure stakeholder acceptance
- Assist in resource planning, cost estimation, budget development, and cost control.
- Track project budget and resource utilization against plan.
- Plan and execute project communications ensuring timely and accurate distribution of information, documentation, and issue resolution to all appropriate team members.
- Prepare internal documents and change tickets
- Have opportunities to attend various volunteering activities, team buildings and internship days
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Basic understanding of IT Networking fundamentals
- Familiarity with server and storage technology
- Written and oral proficiency in English
- Ability to communicate with team members, technical and business leaders as needed
- Work independently with sustained results with guidance and ongoing coaching
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to build reports utilizing built-in features
Hourly salary: starting from 6,60 EUR gross.
When you join the Dell team as an intern you become a part of a winning company that rewards you with following:
Being part of a community of more than 90 interns at Dell Bratislava
Access into Learning studio – more than 1,000 online trainings
Possibility to continue after your graduation in professional development programs
Networking groups – collaboration, community and personal development (ERGs)
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.