To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Senior Principal Big Data Engineer (Hadoop expert)
Primary Location: Bratislava,
Additional Location(s): Bratislava, Slovakia
Senior Principal Big Data Engineer (Hadoop expert)
We are looking for a passionate data engineer to develop a robust, scalable data model and optimize the consumption of data sources we require to generate unique insights about our systems. You will be solving some of the hardest problems for business leveraging ML/AI? Most of our use cases start with 10 million+ rows of data 😊.
We are transforming Marketing at Dell. Come join Dell's Customer Engagement Platform.
What are our goals in Marketing?
- Drive perception
- Drive demand
- Grow the buyer base
- Build the best content
The models and solutions you deliver will be the essential ingredient we use to supply our customers & sales with relevant product recommendations and creative breakthroughs to our business.
You will work with other engineers and data scientists to solve some of the hardest business problems. You will learn what it takes to build, deploy & scale ML/AI models in real-world (it’s a hard problem, we assure you). You will build analytical data sets on which model’s will be built. This would entail two key tasks – feature engineering on large datasets and optimization of our pipelines to drive scalability. If you are already good at it, we will make you better.
We offer you a fast-paced work environment in a diverse team with exposure to Dell teams across the globe. You will be part of a dynamic, collaborative and cross-functional team focused on making significant business impacts.
- Feature engineering - Stitching together and aggregation of multiple large data sets working with the data scientist to a desired format. You will need to optimize both queries and architecture to support big data sets.
- Data pipelining - Once the initial dataset are prepared, it is normally run through a further pipeline to prepare it for modelling. Here you will create features that make ML/AI algorithms work (e.g. translating text into category variables). Expect to work with datasets with billions of rows and thousands of columns. Python/R/Spark is usually the preferred language.
- Lead solutioning (often includes working with multiple business and engineering teams), define timelines & deliver on commitments with minimal supervision.
- Deep experience hands on experience with data processing software (such as Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive), along with data processing algorithms (MapReduce, Flume).
- Advanced SQL & Python/R coding skills skills.
- Education (Bachelor’s degree or higher) in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- You have professional experience. 6+ years of experience in Data or BI engineering dealing with large complex data scenarios
- Experience in software development in one or more languages, such as Scala, Java, Go, C++ and/or similar. Experience in Graph database is a Plus.
- Proven ability to work with varied data infrastructures – including relational databases, column stores, NoSQL databases, and file-based storage solutions.
- Ability to set up containerized services using e.g. Harmony, Kubernetes and Docker.
- Exposure to machine learning or machine learning pipelines is a plus.
Salary starting from: 3 000 EUR gross monthly
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play. Dell Technologies has been active in Slovakia since January 2003. We are supporting the whole EMEA region plus the main financial hub of Dell Technologies globally thanks to more than 2500 team members. We offer a broad palette of positions in IT, finance, sales, marketing, data science, technical support and operations. Grow your career with in a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn moreon how we are closing the diversity gap.
Private employee gym
Private medical care
Access into our Learning studio – more than 1,000 online trainings
To see the full list of benefits, click HERE.
Dell Technologies is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell Technologies are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell Technologies will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell Technologies encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
#profesiaJob ID: R067092