To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Senior Principal Data Architect
Primary Location: Bratislava,
Additional Location(s): Bratislava, Slovakia
Senior Principal Data Architect
Do you want to solve some of the hardest problems for business leveraging ML/AI? Do you want to learn how to build algorithms that scale – most of our use cases start with 10 million+ rows of data.
We are transforming Marketing at Dell. Come join Dell's Customer Engagement Platform.
Our data scientists & engineers are helping to shape our marketing strategy for a digital world.
What are our goals in Marketing?
- Drive perception
- Drive demand
- Grow the buyer base
- Build the best content
The models and solutions you deliver will be the essential ingredient we use to supply our customers & sales with relevant product recommendations and creative breakthroughs to our business. We offer you a fast-paced work environment in a diverse team with exposure to Dell teams across the globe. You will be part of a dynamic, collaborative and cross-functional team focused on making significant business impacts.
You will have strong influence on our ML/AI data & platform strategy. You will work with data engineers to solve their hardest challenges. You will also partner with IT teams to enhance our big data platform. You will be interacting with some of the most senior marketing & IT executives at Dell. You will learn what it takes to build, deploy & scale ML/AI models in real-world (it’s a hard problem, we assure you). If you are already good at it, we will make you better.
- Develop roadmap for ML/AI Big data platform. Partner with IT and manage all aspects of delivery.
Typical problem: Should we move towards an Object store? How do we evaluate potential alternatives?
- Designs, builds and oversees the deployment and operation of technology architecture, solutions and software to capture, manage, store and utilize structured and unstructured data from internal and external sources.
Typical problem: What data work-loads should happen on Hive vs Spark vs Greenplum?
Typical problem: How to scale database by columns?
- Establishes and builds processes and structures based on business and technical requirements to channel data from multiple inputs, route appropriately and store using any combination of distributed (cloud) structures, local databases, and other applicable storage forms as required.
Typical problem: Design the process to move data from Greenplum to Hive?
- Develops technical tools and programming that leverage artificial intelligence, machine learning and big-data techniques to cleanse, organize and transform data and to maintain, defend and update data structures and integrity on an automated basis.
Typical problem: Design CI-CD pipeline for feature engineering?
- Creates and establishes design standards and assurance processes for software, systems and applications development to ensure compatibility and operability of data connections, flows and storage requirements.
Typical problem: Define data nomenclature standard
- Education (Bachelor’s degree or higher) in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8-10 years of experience in Data architecture or engineering dealing with large complex data scenarios.
- Ability to define success criterias for technical implementations; Ability to drive decision making for highly technical solutions using Facts & Alternatives
- Proven ability to work with varied data infrastructures – including relational databases, column stores, NoSQL databases, and file-based storage solutions.
- Experience with data processing software (such as Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive), along with data processing algorithms (MapReduce, Flume).
- Experience in Graph database is a Plus as are is exposure to languages used in modelling such as Python, R
- The ability to multitask and learn new systems quickly, the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English through writing and orally is a key competency as is demonstrable skill as a self-starter
- Thrive in ambiguity & work with global team across various time-zones
- Previous experience implementing algorithms (ML/AI); Setting up big-data solution on public cloud (Azure, GCP, AWS etc)
Salary starting from: 3 900 EUR gross monthly
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play. Dell Technologies has been active in Slovakia since January 2003. We are supporting the whole EMEA region plus the main financial hub of Dell Technologies globally thanks to more than 2500 team members. We offer a broad palette of positions in IT, finance, sales, marketing, data science, technical support and operations. Grow your career with in a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn moreon how we are closing the diversity gap.
Private employee gym
Private medical care
Access into our Learning studio – more than 1,000 online trainings
To see the full list of benefits, click HERE.
Dell Technologies is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell Technologies are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell Technologies will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell Technologies encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R067078