Statistical & Machine Learning / AI Data Scientist Sr. AdvisorBratislava, Slovakia 08/23/2019
Statistical & Machine Learning / AI Data Scientist Sr. Advisor
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Statistical and Machine Learning/AI Data Scientist Sr. Advisor in Bratislava.
About the position
Do you want to solve some of the hardest problems for business leveraging ML/AI? Do you want to learn how to build algorithms that scale – most of our use cases start with 10 million+ rows of data. We are transforming Marketing at Dell. Come join Dell's Customer Engagement Platform.
What are our goals in Marketing?
- Drive perception;
- Drive demand;
- Grow the buyer base;
- Build the best content.
The models and solutions you deliver will be the essential ingredient we use to supply our customers & sales with relevant product recommendations and creative breakthroughs to our business.
You should have extensive experience in analyzing and building models against extremely large datasets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and to build models and simulations that answer those questions. We expect you to be familiar with most of the standard methods: linear regression, logistic regression, regularized regressions, nearest neighbors, k-means, DB scan, collaborative filtering, decision trees, random forests, extreme gradient boosting, support vector machines, neural networks and deep learning – including deep neural networks and deep belief networks. However, it is also important to be creative in applying/implementing new methods or combinations of those to our data.
You will be applying, but also developing/improving, supervised and unsupervised algorithms. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate and develop your analytical and technical skills with challenging projects and work with our experienced data scientists and big data engineers. Expect to expand your skills in Python / R, the Hadoop ecosystem including Spark (Scala / PySpark / SparklyR) & Hive, relational databases, and applying machine learning techniques to large datasets. We offer you a fast-paced work environment in a diverse team with exposure to Dell teams across the globe. You will be part of a dynamic, collaborative, and cross-functional team focused on making significant business impacts.
- Lead discussions to frame problem statements, develop hypotheses, design data frames, recommend modeling approaches, measure success & testing criteria
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale feature engineering, model development, model validation and production
- Communicate with product teams and leadership and turn hard and abstract into simple and approachable
- You have professional experience. 6+ years of experience in predictive modeling and analysis, preferably customer journey and targeting to drive business outcomes
- Proficiency in Python or R especially on data wrangling, analysis, and modeling
- Expertise in experiment design and methods, from A/B tests to quasi-experiments
- Excellent problem solving, analytic skills, and written and oral English communication skills
- Education (Master’s degree or higher) in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with Apache Spark in particular MlLib (incl. Scala, PySpark and/or SparklyR
- Experience with Kubeflow or other docker/container based solutions, Pytorch or Tensor flow are big plus
Salary starting from: 2450 eur gross/monthly
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. We are proud of the way we have embraced diversity at Dell and created an inclusive working environment. Read our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy.Job Family: Data-Science-&-Analytics Job ID: R28996
Related Job Opportunities
- Sales Plays Program Manager Bratislava, Slovakia
- AI Data Scientist Advisor/Sr. Advisor Bratislava, Slovakia
- Privacy Operations Manager Bratislava, Slovakia