Legal CounselBracknell, United Kingdom, Brentford, United Kingdom 12/10/2018
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Supporting our UK Commercial Business at Dell, we are looking for a Legal Counsel to join our team in Bracknell.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live
This position is responsible for providing effective legal advice and support to Dell’s business and support functions in the United Kingdom and reports to the Legal Manager for the UK & Ireland. You will be working in a small team of lawyers who share a passion to provide world-class legal support to their clients. The principal duties and responsibilities for this position will include:
- Managing a variety of legal business matters pertaining to Dell’s business in the UK including contracts support, regulatory and compliance matters and dispute resolution in relation to Dell’s wider portfolio, IT infrastructure, software and services.
- Acting as advisor on legal issues arising from business activities, including analysis of risk, development of mitigation options, effective negotiation and smart risk-taking. Conveying complex and legally complicated information in a concise and professional manner and ability to influence senior management.
- Engagement with stakeholders including Sales, Operations, Finance, Legal, Tax, Insurance, Privacy, and IT Security groups and application of governance processes.
- Performing legal research and analysis and recommending appropriate strategies to business clients. Keeping abreast of regulatory requirements (existing and new) to ensure Dell’s compliance with laws.
- Drafting, review and/or negotiation of legal documents.
- Dealing with escalations of contractual matters and supporting the Contracts team with customer negotiations, pre-sale and post-sale and disputes resolution. Liaison with Dell’s global Litigation Group may be required.
- Anticipating and guarding against legal risks involving the organization and effective collaboration with other legal and business groups within Dell e.g. product group attorneys, solutions teams, Finance, etc.
- Solicitor or barrister in a UK jurisdiction (England & Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland) with excellent knowledge of legal practice in the UK.
- Extensive post-qualification experience as in-house counsel or in a leading law firm.
- Working experience from the IT industry, or some practical knowledge of IT products, services and software
- Proven business and commercial awareness and acumen and the ability to build great working relationships with the business and other legal teams.
- Good communication skills, strong work ethic, strategic thinking, aggressive problem solving, continuous learning mindset, ability to market legal services and work proactively.
- Flexible and positive attitude, proving approachable and accessible to management and staff.
- Ability to assess and deal with commercial and personal pressure and fulfill duties and deadlines with minimum guidance. Ability to balance commercial demands and good corporate/legal governance.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Read our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
If you require assistance in applying for an open position or have specific requirements to attend an interview, please contact UK_Talent_Acquisition@Dell.com
As members of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancies and ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.
“LIPRIORITY”Job Family: Legal Job ID: R82270
Related Job OpportunitiesView All Opportunities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.