Client Technologist - End User ComputingBrisbane, Australia 06/27/2018
If you are passionate about getting hands-on with technology and eager to further your career in a technically innovative environment, Dell is the place to be. Within Client Solutions, we are looking for a Client Technologist to join us in Queensland.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and were committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Dell Client Technologist is a technical advocate promoting Dell's Latitude, OptiPlex & Precision product lines. This person will work with existing Account teams to identify accounts that represent the highest value to Dell specific to the client portfolio. Engaging directly with customers the Client Technologist must be capable sharing Dell End User Computing Point of view. This would include Dell Client Portfolio, Client Security, Systems Management, Cloud Client and Mobility point of view.
- Defines the overall Dell solution for the customer and makes presentations on all aspects of company products and services.
- Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products and services to meet customer needs.
- Prepares detailed product specifications for the purpose of selling high end product and solutions.
- Conducts customer needs analysis.
- Assists sellers in creating demand for product.
- Customarily and regularly engaged at client facilities and delivers high impact presentations leveraging strong technical skills.
- Recognized internally and externally as a thought leader on Dells Client solutions, technology, products, and services.
- Relays customer feedback to assist with the future development and selling of Dells technology, products, and services.
- Sponsors and institutionalizes new and innovative ways of working in teams to meet customer needs/sales objectives.
- Works effectively with functional leaders throughout the organization.
- At this level, supports highly complex accounts.
- Gains access and manages relationships with senior level executives and IT decision makers.
- Devises new approaches/methods to selling Dell Client products and services.
- Verifies operability of highly complex product and service configuration within the customers environment.
- Verifies roles and responsibilities required to support account team.
- Synthesizes market, industry and competitor data to anticipate how external factors will influence the position of the Dell solution.
- Leverages third-party and/or the Channel to create and position Dell solution.
- Assumes leadership role in analyzing requirements and performing advanced systems integration and providing technical expertise to design and implement solution across breadth of Dell and third-party products and services.
- Leveraged as coach/mentor to others.
- Provides customer/industry/market insight to internal leaders and cross-functional groups.
- 3+ years experience in the End User Computing Space
- Proven track record as a senior level sales engineer with understanding of Dells complex products and services portfolio.
- Solid understanding of End User Computing lifecycle management tools e.g. SCCM, LanDesk, Altiris, KACE Etc.
- Strong Presentation & Communication Skills
- Experience with CRM applications to update, manage opportunities e.g. Salesforce.com
- Intimate working knowledge on how to size, scope and position Dells Client Solutions Portfolio.
- Strong skills in identifying customer needs, relating them to Dell Client technologies, and devising a solution architecture to aid in the sales process.
- Will have strong working knowledge of the sales process, including the identification of customer use cases, development of ROI models, and value-based selling.
- Possess a competitive knowledge of other offerings from major vendors and will be able to compare and contrast them to Dells offerings with an emphasis on how Dells advantages will impact the customers operational environment and ROI
- Requires a high degree of technical competency to respond to customer needs and to discuss product capabilities and applications with technical users/buyers.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Related Job Opportunities
- Technology Service Manager Brisbane, Australia
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.