To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Director, Technical Support for vSphere Compute and Cloud Management
Primary Location: Broomfield, Colorado
Additional Location(s): Broomfield, Colorado
As Director of Technical Support, you will be responsible for a team tasked with providing the highest standards of cloud/virtualization based technical support. To succeed in this position you must have a passion for your business and the people within it, have an excellent ability to communicate at all levels within the organization, and demonstrate capability to manage and develop stakeholder engagement at a global level.
It is required that as a Technical support leader, the successful candidate will have a deep understanding of both customer and operational requirements aligned with technical support and can demonstrate key understanding around cloud technology and associated solutions. As a member of the global support leadership, you will be a trusted advocate, and will be a key leader for local site and support operations.
The role requires a leader with excellent communication skills, customer focused engagement management with Technical depth, and leadership to drive teams and execute solutions in a rapidly changing industry and environment.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement through process or change management which results in execution to achieve business goals and objectives
- Demonstrates improvement in key KPI’s such as NPS (Net Promoter Score) – CSAT (Customer Satisfaction), or other Customer Metric (not an exhaustive list).
- Manages local leadership team and supports onboarding plan to enable engineers to ramp-up and able to contribute within the agreed business SLAs for technical support.
- Ensure you build and sustain a high performance team and continuous improvement with a focal view on innovation in areas such as tools and technologies for enabling a better customer experience.
- Use data analytics and Customer Insight reporting to identify companywide improvements.
- Act as the Voice of the Customer across the organization
- Identifying and providing feedback through 1:1s, effective use of personal development plans and provision of coaching & development opportunities for all employees within your direct span of control.
- Demonstrate accountability for ensuring quality and regulatory compliance in line with VMware’s legal obligations. Proactively identify potential risk issues and provide solutions to mitigate them.
- The leader will take personal involvement with critical customer issues and driving them to closure.
- Sustain and foster a culture within your organization that is responsible for employee growth, sustainability with a key focus on ensuring adherence to ethics and compliance.
- Build and maintain relationships with cross company business units, examples of these include Engineering, Development, Sales, Finance & HR where applicable
- Strong communication skills with the ability to adapt styles to suit business requirements i.e local, versus virtual etc.
- Overall 15+ years global exposure in the IT virtualisation, software industry or relevant customer support organisations. Strong technical background is an advantage.
- Leading a large Technical Support team for 8+ years in product companies
- Strong strategic and customer focus with a clear understanding wider issues impacting relevant markets at a customer and industry level.
- Proven ability and/or relationship management experience at a senior, strategic level, demonstrating the ability to engage with key stakeholders either at a direct reporting level and or executive level, with E-Staff teams.
- Demonstrates an established track record of exceeding targets, KPI’s SLA’s, in a support and service industry, can provide relevant example.
- Demonstrate ability to motivate and communicate with others at all levels
- Demonstrates the ability to influence stakeholders within the organisation as part of executing change and decision making at a company level.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills at an internal and external level.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt and succeed in a changing global environment
- This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
- Masters in Business or equivalent standard required.
- Certification in MS Word/ Excel / PowerPoint
- Engineering degree with MBA desired
- Certifications or relevant VMware knowledge is desired.
Category : Client Support
Subcategory: Technical Support
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-05-29
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2006321