To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities during COVID-19, please read a letter from Michael Dell.
Technical Support Engineer (Federal)
Broomfield, ColoradoApply Now
- Drive customer satisfaction by expediting the resolution of all service issues by conducting log analysis, reproduction work and engaging external and internal resources as required. Remove highlighted
- Proactively escalate customer issues and work with Sales, CPD, PM to assign appropriate priority. (PSO Replace highlighted)
- Providing high quality Live Answer technical support.
- Provide onsite support if required.
- Complete KB articles for all resolved issues.
- Provide best effort support for customers operating on/in unsupported configurations.
- Retain ownership of customer issue from creation to closure.
- Assist customer outside of normal business hours if required.
- Ability to drive customer issues to completion without the use of log files or remote access software.
- For positions within the Federal team, U.S. citizenship is required
- Background must allow for the obtainment of a Secret Clearance
- Recommended 5+ years of Technical Support Industry experience
- Strong customer advocacy and relationship building skills.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Strong verbal communication, project management and problem solving skills.
- Account management experience and/or customer engagement responsibility is desirable.
- The ability to analyze and determine the most effective method of problem resolution by utilizing applicable internal resources.
- Ability to research problems and document their solutions.
- Foundation level knowledge in VMware ESX and Virtual Center products.
- Comprehensive knowledge in the following technologies;
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Storage Arrays or Appliances
- Networking, TCP/IP, DNS
- VSP certification strongly desired.
- Must be able to travel (domestic & international).
- Successful candidates will have strong communication skills, business acumen, customer focus and are results oriented.
Category : Client Support
Subcategory: Technical Support
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-04-02
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2004990