To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Technical Support Engineer (vRealize)
Primary Location: Broomfield, Colorado
Additional Location(s): Broomfield, Colorado
Technical Support Engineer - vRealize
VMware's vRealize product has been rapidly growing and we need additional, talented individuals to meet our customer’s dynamic support needs. The vRealize product line is an enterprise-ready, cloud management suite that delivers the industry’s most complete solution for managing a heterogeneous, hybrid cloud. This is your chance to be a part of an institution that has positioned itself as an industry leader.
As a VMware Technical Support Engineer, you will be expected to be highly proficient with troubleshooting VMware’s automation products. The ability to research problems and find solutions to a wide variety of problems is paramount. You will also need to quickly isolate technical problems in complex environments often spanning a large number of VMware and non-VMware solutions.
Your duties would include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide support to VMware Customers and field personnel.
- Deliver a consistent, positive customer experience.
- Manage, research, and resolve issues relating to VMware Automation Products including basic isolation of issues located in related third-party products.
- Craft and manage knowledge base content including problem solutions, best practices, and informational articles.
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in all VMware, Microsoft, and UNIX technologies.
- Work in for a collaborative global team environment and mentor junior technicians.
- Represent VMware, its shareholders, and its partners in only the most professional manner.
- Complete KB articles for all resolved issues.
Required skill sets:
- System administration and support experience with Windows or Linux/Unix environments
- Experience with basic SQL and Postgres database management and querying for troubleshooting purposes
- Familiarity with various Hypervisors (vSphere, Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, KVM, etc.)
- Core understanding of Cloud concepts and technologies (vCloud Director, Amazon, OpenStack, etc.)
- Familiarity with Cloud orchestration tools (Chef, Puppet, vCenter Orchestrator, etc.)
- OS Provisioning experience is also a plus (SCCM, WIM, KickStart, etc.)
- Interpersonal and customer service skills
- This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
Category : Client Support
Subcategory: Technical Support
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-05-27
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2004987