To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities during COVID-19, please read a letter from Michael Dell.
Technical Support Manager (NSX Support)
Broomfield, ColoradoApply Now
As Manager of NSX Support, you will have the responsibility to manage and lead a highly skilled technical support team in our organization in support of VMware’s America's Network and Security customers and partners. You will build close relationships/partnerships with some of the biggest customers in the region. As a brand the NSX Support team prides itself as a global leader in customer support. Your role will include representing the NSX Support brand in all your interactions as a member of our management team . You can expect to work closely with members of our network and security engineering team, Premier Service, Sales, and Product Marketing to ensure that VMware is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers. This includes members from Senior Manager to VP level.
- Provide superior technical support and service to the VMware Federal Support customers
- Interface with the field, sales and service organizations
- Work directly with the Network and Security customer base on critical escalations and call resolution
- Manage and develop the support teams, including hiring, professional development and proactive project work
- Design, develop, and implement processes, systems and technology to support and enhance the technical support function, including workflow and incident management
- Develop and implement practices that measure the effectiveness and performance of the Technical Support Function
- Lead and be involved in Global Strategic Initiatives
- Work with VMware’s engineering team to implement formal feedback mechanisms for incidents, causes, and resolutions
- Experience in the software industry with a minimum of 3 years in technical support management, including people management
- Background in the development and management of remote support groups, international support groups
- Extensive expertise in developing metrics to measure the effectiveness of technical support within the organization
- Experience in both small and large companies in a networking capacity is highly desirable
- Familiarity with systems operations and management environments within large enterprise customers and/or service providers is desirable
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Track record of accomplishment and effectiveness within organizations
- Familiarity with CRM or incident tracking and management systems such as SalesForce, Remedy, Clarify, etc.
- Experience working with customers on highly sensitive and sometimes political technical escalations.
- Enjoys making every day better and making the ‘job’ fun for our staff.
- This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
Category : Client Support
Subcategory: Technical Support
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-05-22
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2007304