Senior Software Engineering ManagerBucharest, Romania 05/24/2019
Software Engineering Senior Manager
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Within the Dell Financial Services at Dell, we are looking for a Software Engineering Senior Manager to join our team in Bucharest, Romania .
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
As a Senior Manager in DFS IT, your primary responsibility is to identify, evaluate, staff and execute the designated IT roadmap. You will enable and develop new business analytic capabilities and proficiencies by partnering with the Business Partners, Solution Architects and other CoEs to understand needs and deliver innovative solutions. With an understanding of Dell’s business and knowledge of the various technological capabilities/platforms, you will advise key stakeholders on an array of possible technical solutions, effectively communicating advantages, disadvantages and potential risks of different approaches. You will also develop and motivate highly technical team members to accomplish these goals.
- Performs all people management functions - attracts, develop and lead a talented Software Engineering organization to deliver innovative, high quality products on a foundation of architectural and engineering excellence in one of the largest technology companies in the world: conducts performance reviews, staff calls, 1x1’s, recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, career development, talent retention and motivation, etc; Reviews resource and budget plans for project delivery and takes appropriate actions to address mismatches in supply and demand, whether raising job requisitions for FTEs, onboarding or off-boarding contractors, or raising SoWs for consulting support.
- Collaborates with developers, architects, product owners, system engineers, testers and other subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability, cost and performance. Uses that to develop solutions in modern technologies and ensure that they meet specified requirements.
- Continually challenges the current model and methods: tracks Software Engineering productivity and quality metrics, comes up with creative ideas to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team for continuous improvement. Communicates effectively with technical and non-technical audiences and develop and deliver engaging presentations that influence and persuade leadership on recommendations.
- Reviews program requirements, deployment plans/launch orchestration plans and provides appropriate recommendations to improve quality, de-risk or pre-empt issues
- Works with other sub functions and provides active guidance in core software development processes: Build & Deploy, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, Security Scans, Design Pattern application, Testing Automation, etc.
- Coordinates with application support teams to identify actions that can be taken to support a high level of production stability (and downward trend in production incidents), to capture actions following major incidents, and to ensure that appropriate support is provided by application support teams for production deployments.
- Leads cross functional agile teams to ensure quality is driven into the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery: designs, develops and supports frameworks for our test automation infrastructure and provides automation expertise to our teams
- 12+ years of relevant IT experience (Software Development, Project Management, Business Systems Analysis, Quality Assurance) out of which many in a managerial/leadership capacities.
- Proven/hands-on and meaningful experience as a Software Engineer in at least one software development language. Desirable experience with one or more of the following technologies: .NET , Java, Angular JS, Node.js, Oracle PL-SQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Ability to manage a multi-disciplinary department or a group and succeed partnering and driving virtual (globally distributed) teams.
- Demonstrated accomplishments managing projects and software development delivery teams working with diverse technology stacks (custom development, package integration) in the delivery of large scale and complex projects.
- Notable oral and written communication skills - fluency in English (reading, writing and speaking proficiency).
- An analytical mind that thrives in a data-driven environment: Remarkable problem solving, negotiation and prioritization skills
- Experience building or leading Quality Assurance automation
- Bachelor's/MS degree in mathematics, computer science, or related discipline.
- Hands-on experience designing and automating 4 or more of the following: Unit testing, UX Testing, UI Testing, Behavior Driven Development, Test Driven Development, Integration testing of APIs, Security Penetration Testing
- Financial Services industry experience.
- Experience Designing, developing and supporting frameworks for test automation infrastructure.
- Experience researching, recommending and implementing tools as needed with the goal of increasing automation - contributes toward predictable delivery of quality releases.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you want to be involved in projects that change the way we work and live, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
LI PRIORITYJob Family: Information-Technology Engineering Job ID: R72448
Related Job Opportunities
- Advisor - Endpoint Platform Engineer (Rotating Shifts) - Dell Secureworks - Bucharest, Romania Bucharest, Romania
- Endpoint Platform Engineer – Dell Secureworks – Bucharest, Romania Bucharest, Romania
- Endpoint Platform Senior Engineer – Dell Secureworks – Bucharest, Romania Bucharest, Romania