Client Executive- SLED Upstate NY - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Buffalo,New York
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 Enterprise and Government, Education and Healthcare customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
The SLED team within VMware is a high-energy, passionate team of salespeople with a desire to succeed and drive the digital transformation within the SLED sector. As an individual contributor within the business, you will be part of a team with a strong identity, and a reputation for a high standard of work and achievement. You will have the opportunity to craft and execute on your business plan through your own efforts and through the management of your matrix sales team.
Job Role and Responsibility:
Our Client Executive team is made up of passionate and high-reaching sales consultants who are committed to integrating within our customers’ business to offer premier VMware solutions to SLED Customers. The Client Executive will be responsible for solution selling. Aligning C-Level customer challenges to VMware’s expansive solution set by orchestrating and demonstrating VMware’s Subject Matter Expert’s, Systems Engineering, Product Specialists, Professional Services, Partner Channel, Inside Sales and other VMware resources to drive net new revenue for the company. VMware has and continues to build a top performing sales team who has the desire and determination to deliver. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Overachievement of quarterly, semi-annual and annual sales objectives
- Developing & Driving territory and account sales strategy.
- Leveraging sales leadership skills to communicate and motivate the extended account team resources to ensure full engagement and accountability
- Collaborate with Systems Engineering, Inside Sales, Specialists, Professional Services and channel partners
- Develop and lead a partner strategy by selecting a set of “preferred” partners, developing a collaborative account plan that enables channel partners to be an extension of VMware's sales force
- Learn and understand the assigned customer's business model and primary business challenges and match the VMware solution to the needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Execute a Top Down/Bottom up customer engagement strategy while strengthening existing relationships within the assigned accounts to elevate VMware to a more strategic position
- Ability to craft compelling proposals and communicate the business value and/or return on investment of proposed solutions to the customer
- Utilize VMware EPIC2 values (Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers, Community) to conduct day to day business
- Accurately forecast bookings on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- You have 5 years of experience solution selling focused on complex solutions, requiring implementation, integration and Professional Services
- You are a Self-starter with a high energy level and create new and highly effective working models
- You have at least 1 stint focused on successfully selling to the SLED market-space (demonstrated over achievement)
- You have the ability to work with all levels within an organization (Top Down/Bottom Up with C-Level comfort)
- You hold a consistent track record of quota over-achievement
- You partner well and are accustomed to working in a matrix sales organization
- You pride yourself on being an excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- You are a Dynamic presenter with the ability to simplify complex issues into business terms.
- Able to work internally across IT and lines of business within SLED organizations
- You have experience leading cross-functional matrixed teams
- You effectively conduct quarterly business reviews with key customer and VMW leadership teams
- You have executive presence and experience presenting to and collaborating with C-suite
- Experience in Software, Cloud, or Infrastructure such as Compute, Network, Storage
- Experience selling solutions at an enterprise level company
- Self-starter with a high level of energy
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-01
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2103673