Advisor, Purchasing (Cost Analyst)
Primary Location: Bukit Mertajam, Malaysia
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Advisor, Purchasing on our Cost Analysis - Materials & Procurement team in Bukit Mertajam, Penang.
Our products drive human progress. Our Purchasing team drives the progress of our supply systems. We lead strategic and operational commodity teams, while developing supplier strategy, long-range plans and the optimization of the global supply chain. Our remit includes setting delivery performance goals and implementing procurement initiatives and process improvements. We also oversee the planning and obtaining of materials, components, equipment and services for all parts of the business, including checking requisitions, developing new supply sources and ensuring best quality at best value from third parties.
What you’ll achieve
Dell’s is one of the Best Run Supply Chain’s in the world - renowned for its efficiency and speed of execution. Dell pioneered the Dell Direct Model enabled by a supply chain that generated significant cost and speed efficiencies. Over the last few years, Dell has enabled numerous other sales channels including retail and manufacturing with partner ODMs. The Dell Supply Chain is getting transformed with multiple modes of manufacturing and fulfillment to service demands from different customer segments.
The key objective is to help Dell’s global operations to streamline processes, cut costs and improve efficiencies. The team has a very strong pool of talent coming from premier schools and industries and possesses diverse expertise and skill sets. It’s the place to be for “work hard, play hard”.
Will work with Procurement, Finance, Operation and other functional terms to:
- Run spend analytics and highlight focus categories for cost reduction.
- Validate cost components of each Line of Business (LOB) to ensure accuracy.
- Roll up bill of materials (BoM) cost for each platform and report and fix the discrepancies and review and drive improvement in Purchase Price Variance (PPV) and reconcile the cost differential.
- Support analysis on Clean Sheet gaps, BoM cost and total Available Material (TAM) allocation, cost forecast, Non Recurring Expense (NRE) etc.
- Answering and responsible cost related question from stakeholders and support Financial Service Requests (FSR) for validation and approval
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Typically requires 5+ years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree; or 3+ years with a master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent experience (in supply chain, project management).
- Have a very strong aptitude for standard software applications (Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Strong communication / interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Basic understanding of global supply chain, manufacturing footprint and business environment.
- Project management skills and ability to work independently with business stakeholders to understand the business problem and identifying the approach to solving the business problem using advanced analytic techniques.
- Previous experience in procurement (buyers) or GO finance.
- Prefer knowledge of Advanced Excel and/or Access skills (VBA, macros, Power BI etc).
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 30 April 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R092880