APCC IT Factory Manager
Primary Location: Bukit Mertajam, Malaysia
APCC IT Factory Manager
In a world powered by technology, our customers need their systems and applications to be reliable. That's the remit of our IT App Management team. Both proactive and reactive, we’re responsible for the technical administration of enterprise application suites, including ERP and CRM. We’re experts in undertaking design, support, monitoring and system tuning activities across the entire application stack, including end-user UI, web and application servers and databases. We also analyze software and hardware problems, coordinate workable solutions and perform system software upgrades.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a IT Factory Manager on our Manufacturing and Order Fulfillment team in Bukit Tengah, Penang.
What you’ll achieve
As a APCC IT Factory Manager, you will be served as Single Point of accountability for all of IT for the Dell APCC Manufacturing Facility and will participate fully in all IT forums both regionally and globally to drive the uptime for the facility and drive all downtime issues to closure. You will work with a Global IT and Global Operations teams with specific requirements to the facility in driving the improvements across IT as required to ensure project delivery and improved uptime.
- Participates and drives problem management for all critical incidents (Severity 1 / Severity 2) for the facility. - Will track and maintain a list of all critical incidents, the root cause trigger event, the permanent resolution plan, and drives/tracks the resolution into production
- Manage communications both regional and global after IT incidents on the daily Business Pulse Calls. - Manage communications with the facility director and IT Senior Management
- Owns and drives Availability Management initiatives for the facility
- Is accountable for Change Control for the facility
- Interface between IT and Operations management and gather requirements from business partners and compile the IT project roadmap
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience. General IT expertise and knowledge of ITIL processes an advantage
- Primary Owner for IT problem management for all critical incidents (severity 1 / severity 2) for the Dell Global Manufacturing, and the impact to IT Availability Management
- Fully participates and works closely with the Factory Incident Manager and Operation Engineering team to resolve all IT issues
- Represent the detail on projects and be accountable for the deliverables of all projects into the Dell Global Manufacturing
- Be part of regional and global cross functional teams identifying areas for cross functional improvements will adhere to all Dell IT Standards and SOX Compliance regulations
- Flexibility is a pre-requisite for this role
- Strong analysis and communication skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- Working knowledge of Dell offerings and toolsets used on projects - Working knowledge of the Dell Supply Chain and Manufacturing processes
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R101432