Consultant, Import/Export - Trade Compliance
Primary Location: Bukit Mertajam, Malaysia
Consultant- Import /Export
Global import-export in the world of ground-breaking technology is a complicated business. It takes real attention to detail to comply with all U.S. and regional import and export regulations. Our Import-Export team within Materials and Procurement provides trade compliance support for end-to-end order management and delivery processes. We’re experts in what we do, from assessing global trade risk and providing mitigation strategies, to delivering strategic and tactical support in developing international supply chains, to implementing strategies to reduce import expenses and auditing all documentation.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Consultant on our Global Trade Compliance team in Malaysia.
Ensures strict compliance with Import/Export compliance regulations including the Customs operations. Provides trade compliance support for end-to-end order management and delivery processes including knowledge of end user screening, new product and technology export reviews, Harmonized Tariff System (HTS) and Export Classification Control Number (ECCN) classification, export transaction approvals, international documentation, import licenses/ permits and customs broker management. Provides strategic and tactical support in developing, enabling, and managing international supply chains. Develops metrics containing international supply chain, non-freight landed costs such as import duties and taxes, customs brokerage fees, and customs clearance fees. Develops and implements strategies to reduce import expenses through leverage of international trade programs and customs regulations. Audits import and export documentation and electronic filings to ensure compliance to trade regulations and policies.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Act as the key Point of Contact (POC) for trade compliance related matters in Malaysia responsible for Trade compliance activities n Malaysia as well as countries in South East Asia.
- Ensures strict compliance with applicable Import/Export compliance laws and regulations of the respective countries in the region. Provides trade compliance support & advice in all the Import/Export operations & compliance, Harmonized Tariff System (HTS) classification, Customs valuation, origin determination, FTA determination, documentation, permits /licenses, STA permits, and customs broker management.
- Independently thinks, develops and implements strategies to reduce import expenses through leverage of international trade programs and customs regulations.
- Audits import and export documentation and electronic filings to ensure compliance to trade regulations and policies.
- Capable of training internal teams on trade compliance topics.
- Import and Export policy knowledge with updated awareness on rules/amendments in the region.
- Customs clearance process with knowledge on classification and valuation.
- Front-ends interaction with customs and other related agencies
- Knowledge on special Customs region, such as LMW in Malaysia, in relation to import/export and other relevant rules and related documentation/reporting requirements
- Similar regulations in the SEA countries like the CCL in Vietnam, FTA and TISI regulations in Thailand, etc.
- Manage Customs broker, and post entry audit, develop corrective/improvement actions accordingly
- Manage the corresponding trade KPIs, reporting, etc.
- Assist Trade Compliance organization with other special projects and assignments as needed.
- Capable of maintaining good relationship with customs and other related authorities to drive our business requirement within the legal framework
- 10+ years of experience in direct import and/or export compliance experience in a major corporation, service company, or law firm.
- Demonstrated skills in resolving complex compliance/business requirements
- Analytical skills, detail oriented, and possess the ability to anticipate problems and diffuse situations
- Strong project management and computer skills (emphasis on Microsoft Office programs) is required with fluency in power point is preferred.
- Fluency in English language is required, additional fluency in one or more local non-English language(s) is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill both written and oral
- The ability to function both as a team member and individual player with the ability to shift priorities as required by the global trade compliance team and business operations.
- Possess high degree of managerial expertise to become a potential team leader.
Preferences on Qualification:
- Bachelor's degree in related majors, Law, International Trade, Logistics, Business Administrative are preferred
- Advanced degree is preferred (MBA, Law, International Trade, Logistics, etc.)
- Knowledge of one or more local country language will be an added advantage.
- Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 30/05/2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R095793