Primary Location: Bukit Mertajam, Malaysia
The Specialist, Import/Export is responsible for coordinating compliance for releasing the orders globally as per US export regulations for all Dell entities and Customer in order to maintain a high standard of compliance with International Trade, Customs and Other Government Agency laws and regulations.
The Specialist, Import/Export will also have responsibilities to develop import and export tariff classifications, administrative duties such as maintaining records, preparing reports, audit the customs documentation and verifying information
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and administer global import & export compliance programs, including regional export compliance programs.
- Work with cross functional team to ensure compliance with import & export control laws.
- Responsible for resolving customs matters and inquiries. Identify regional customs compliance and cost saving opportunities, and proactively work with the countries to implement these opportunities.
- Implement customs policy, procedures and internal controls in the region.
- Support Risk Assessments and oversee corrective action plans related to customs for the region.
- Monitor, interpret and report country/regional regulatory changes and their impact to the company.
- Provide support for Plan of Record, Priorities and Strategies.
- Handling of various Department and company related Projects from time to time.
- Analyze and determine import/export product harmonized tariff schedule (HTS) classification.
- Determine Export Control Classification Numbers and Export Licensing requirements for US exports.
- Interact with service providers, regulators and internal business to facilitate import entry clearance or export filing.
- Respond to compliance concerns and critical service issues as they occur.
- Review transactions for boycott language and compliance holds.
- Support identification, qualification, implementation and operation of strategic cost savings initiatives such as foreign trade zones, duty drawback, and free trade agreements.
- Review and audit import/export filings to ensure declarations are timely, accurate and complete.
- Review and update all internal procedures consistent with business practices and Customs regulations.
- Interact with and provide assistance to internal and external customers.
- Recommend ongoing improvements to import/export procedures and trade management systems to enhance efficiency, compliance and cost savings.
- Manage daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and recordkeeping, systems, and reporting requirements.
- Interpret and apply international trade rules and regulations Research, document, and review international trade advice.
- Support integration of Dell acquired companies’ trade compliance programs Proactively manage the third party relationships and associated agreements.
- Participate in and support quarterly business reviews with customs brokers.
- Provide analytical support and reporting for different aspects of the supply chain and trade compliance performance.
- Drive standardization of import/export processes and internal control procedures.
-Bch Degree in any related field with 1 - 2 years in direct import and/or export compliance experience in a major corporation & service company.
- Demonstrated skills in resolving compliance/business requirements.
- The ability to work independently from broad guidelines and perform under detailed instruction on specific initiatives and long-term strategic objectives.
- Strong computer skills (emphasis on Microsoft Office programs) is required.
- Fluency in English language is required, additional fluency in one or more local non-English language(s) is preferred and willing to work on night shift permanently
Job ID: R084820