Sr. Analyst, PurchasingBukit Mertajam, Malaysia 09/11/2019
Bukit Mertajam, Penang, Malaysia
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Sr. Analyst, Purchasing (I6) on our Materials & Procurement team in Dell APCC2, Bukit Mertajam, Penang, Malaysia.
Our products drive human progress. Our Purchasing team drives the progress of our supply systems. We lead strategic and operational commodity teams, while developing supplier strategy, long-range plans and the optimization of the global supply chain. Our remit includes setting delivery performance goals and implementing procurement initiatives and process improvements. We also oversee the planning and obtaining of materials, components, equipment and services for all parts of the business, including checking requisitions, developing new supply sources and ensuring best quality at best value from third parties.
Dell’s is one of the Best Run Supply Chain’s in the world - renowned for its efficiency and speed of execution. Dell pioneered the Dell Direct Model enabled by a supply chain that generated significant cost and speed efficiencies. Over the last few years, Dell has enabled numerous other sales channels including retail and manufacturing with partner ODMs. The Dell SC is getting transformed with multiple modes of manufacturing and fulfillment to service demands from different customer segments.
Supply Chain Nerve Center (SCNC) is at the heart of Dell’s Global Supply Chain Operations enabling and monitoring the execution of end to end supply chain on a daily basis. SCNC is responsible for planning and governance of key areas like weekly and quarterly shipments, backlog levels, Customer experience metrics, etc and monitoring and analysis of all key supply chain metrics ranging from demand planning to customer delivery. The key objective is to help Dell’s global operations to streamline processes, cut costs and improve efficiencies. The team has a very strong pool of talent coming from premier schools and industries and possesses diverse expertise and skill sets. It’s the place to be for “work hard, play hard”.
- Purchase Order management with key ODMs and suppliers.
- As key purchasing team to solve any PO released transaction and payment issues with suppliers quickly.
- Manage material shortage and try all the ways to proactively avoid material shortage and pull in supply plan to meet customer request.
- Check material supportability for coming customer orders and fulfill as customer requests.
- Manage product whole life cycle material related issues in NPI, Sustaining and EOL stage. As the expert to max Dell financial number and avoid E&O.
- Solve both supplier and Dell aging inventory timely.
- Manage new supplier on board and phase out.
- At least 5 years Supply Chain or purchasing working experience.
- Familiar to manage OEM, ODM and supplier.
- Sense of urgency.
- Learn fast and listen to others, can work under pressure.
- Good English for both oral and written.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can drive our supply chain to give us competitive advantage, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Related Job Opportunities
- Advisor, Purchasing Bukit Mertajam, Malaysia
- Sr. Analyst, Import Export Bukit Mertajam, Malaysia
- Sr. Advisor, Purchasing Bukit Mertajam, Malaysia