Islion- Technical Support Engineer 2
- Cairo, Egypt
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Product Services team member?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Islion Senior Analyst, Technical Support
At Dell Technologies, world-class service doesn’t end when a customer purchases our innovative products. Our Technical Support team is there for them whenever they need help – by phone or email, online and on social media. No matter how complex the challenge, we rise to it. We answer questions about the installation, operation, configuration, customization and use of Dell Technologies products. For critical matters, we use our systems to provide remote diagnostic technical support. If there’s an issue with a customer’s product, we’ll analyze it, identify the cause, recommend a solution and document the problem.
Join us as a an Engineer on our Technical Support team in Cairo to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) will work directly with global customers and DELL EMC/Isilon personnel via e-mail, phone, and remote desktop software to provide technical assistance towards the prompt resolution of complex technical problems. To achieve that, TSE’s work in a collaborative 7x24x365 environment leveraging global resources to reduce the time it takes to provide problem resolution. TSEs will support the full line of Isilon products within Unstructured Data division.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Obtain data from customers to get a thorough understanding of customer requirements and problems.
- Interface with customers via e-mail, phone and/or WebEx.
- Analyze logs and core files as needed to work towards resolution of customer issues.
- Work with 3rd party service providers in the process of analyzing and resolving customer issues.
- Generate problem reports in Bugzilla to coordinate with engineering to obtain quick resolutions for customer related issues.
- Answer live incoming phone calls and respond to e-mails to troubleshoot, manage, collaborate and resolve customer problems related to the Isilon product family.
- Create content for the knowledge base through accurate case documentation.
- Networks (CCNA holder)
- Active Directory
- Unix/Linux (Red-hat certificate holder)
- File System
Experience Required & certifications
- 4+ years Technical Support experience (NAS, Storage environment preferred)
- Previous troubleshooting experience
- Bachelors or equivalent working experience.
- ISM and CCNP are a plus
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Closing date: November 10th
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job Family: Product-Services Engineering Job ID: R075338
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Cairo Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.