To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
RSA Principal Engineer, Technical Support
Primary Location: Cairo,
Additional Location(s): Cairo, Egypt
RSA Principal Technical Support Engineer
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as a remote customer advocate to champion specific customer needs in collaboration with field team.
- Applies technical knowledge to analyze and use highly technical troubleshooting tools and content and analytical practices; uses operational and diagnostic procedures to diagnose and resolve issues in unique and often complex customer environments
- Participating in and leads conference calls with customers Knows their audience and articulate accordingly
- Validates technical information and issues early warning and disseminates information as needed
- Contributes and develops knowledge-based articles; may perform senior or expert level tasks for assigned products and skills; prepares articles for other TSEs and/or customers regarding technical solutions.
- Reviews technical solution articles for accuracy and completeness, and give feedback to the authors
- Handling highly escalated cases which contains complex technical details
- Responsible to validate new product patches and features by testing in lab environment.
- Cascading knowledge to the local team including new releases and patches or known bugs
- Leads the On-Boarding plan for the new hires
- Bachelors in IT, Communications or Computer Science.
- 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong organizational skills – comfortable with managing and prioritizing customer caseloads.
- Ability to visualize, articulate, conceptualize or solve both complex and straightforward problems by making decisions that are sensible given the available information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.Excellent problem solving & logical thinking
- Ability to share knowledge and conduct Technical Sessions
- Ability to coach junior engineers
- Ability to work on highly escalated cases and provide Executive summaries
- Hands-on experience of Unix/Linux system administration with strong command line knowledge.
- Proficient knowledge of network security to include firewall configuration and SSL-based secure communications, Proxy configuration & IPSEC VPN.
- Good knowledge of network fundamentals concepts to include routing, switching, VLANs & VPNS.
- Technical proficiency across windows platforms including Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Active Directory & Microsoft SQL Server.
- Strong knowledge of Relational (MySQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB) databases.
- Configuration management Fundamentals to include Chef, Puppet & Salt.
- Knowledge of Scripting Language: Python.
- Experience with Security Assessment tools (NMAP, Nessus, Metasploit) and packet capture analysis tools (Wireshark, tcpdump).
- In depth knowledge of Java based applications
- Any of the below Certification (is a plus):
➢ Linux Administration Certifications (RHCSA, RHCE...etc).
➢ Security Certificates (CEH, Security +, …etc.)
➢ Microsoft Certification (MCSA, MCSE)
➢ Networking Certifications (CCNA, CCNP,…etc.)