Senior Advisor, Data Science
Primary Location: Cairo, Egypt
Data Science is all about breaking new ground to enable businesses to answer their most urgent questions. Pioneering massively parallel data-intensive analytic processing, our mission is to develop a whole new approach to generating meaning and value from petabyte-scale data sets and shape brand new methodologies, tools, statistical methods and models. What’s more, we are in collaboration with leading academics, industry experts and highly skilled engineers to equip our customers to generate sophisticated new insights from the biggest of big data.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Data Scientist—Strategic Customer Experience Solutions on our Customer Experience Operations team in Cairo.
What you’ll achieve
Position is for a Data Scientist—Strategic Customer Experience Solutions within Dell Technology Services Operations team to drive 1) deep analytics and thought leadership around customer experience journey, and 2) insights and improvement opportunities across Services. Candidate needs to be a highly self-motivated, thought leader with capacity to strategically determine and communicate analyses and measurement systems needed to improve customer experience within Services.
- Drive analytics and thought leadership around developing customer journey measurement system for Services across businesses and regions, while interacting with business stakeholders, product managers, software engineers, data engineers, and data analysts to create data science products
- Write SQL queries, python scripts to clean, wrangle data from multiple sources making them model ready; use techniques which includes (but not limited to) Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Data Pipelining to build scalable models; build Data Pipelines & platform to operationalize the models at scale; create Data Dictionary for the reusable datasets and document as Knowledge Articles
- Become a subject matter expert of the data to create and refine features for modeling; evaluate data science models in terms of outcomes and computational performance; able to troubleshoot software issues with 3rd party support
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing to scientists and non-scientists, and influence a broad spectrum of stakeholders toward achieving business goals
- Drive results in a cross matrix organization
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Requires 8+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6+ years with a Master’s degree; or 3+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
- Strong database knowledge and expertise in SQL. Solid programming skills to retrieve, analyze and process data, and build machine learning models from the ground up (Python/R)
- Data Science Platforms like Domino Data Lab, Apache Airflow, AWS and Google Cloud (working environment to build and deploy models). Machine Learning techniques like Ranking, Classification, Clustering, Regression and Topic Modeling
- Deep knowledge of machine learning, information retrieval, data mining, statistics, NLP or related field; familiarity with Agile practices
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, while at the same time clearly determining priorities, making strategic decisions and then articulating the issues, solutions and ongoing performance to teams and executive audiences in ambiguous situations
- Proven experience in presenting complex data, statistics and insights, and effective written and verbal communications, including executive level presentations
Job ID: R098245