Software Principle EngineerCairo, Egypt 12/19/2018
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Principle Engineer on our Live Optics team in Cairo.
Dell EMC Live Optics™ is the next generation of IT workload profiling created to allow a modern method of collecting, visualizing, and sharing performance and design characteristics for IT environments. Currently Live Optics is utilized in 170 countries by IT Professionals as well as employees and partners of the entire Dell Technologies family of companies. Our software is ground zero for creating a digital experience between vendors and their customers in the marketplace. Live Optics is a blend of big data, social media, and hard core analytics. Live Optics is also one of the world’s largest databases of datacenter workload performance needs.
The Dell EMC Live Optics team is experiencing growth and is rapidly expanding in Cairo. Each member of Live Optics is encouraged to express their creativity for problem solving and contribute to both technique and features of the product. A true opportunity for your ideas to come alive and be globally utilized is at your fingertips. Do you have a passion to work with cutting edge cloud technologies? Do you have a desire to influence evolving cloud initiatives? The Live Optics team is looking for an exceptional, highly motivated and ambitious team player to build and deliver a best of breed software stack to our customers.
As a Software Technical Lead, you will take technical ownership of high-level feature requests, and coordinate with the US, Irish, and Egyptian engineering teams. Core responsibilities include:
- Coding solutions to a high level of testability, modularity and maintainability
- Participation in architecture and design with the Live Optics architecture team
- Support and development of junior software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- Working independently and as part of a software development team
- Communication with management on progress, milestones, delays and risks
Specific tools and technologies used may include: C++, C#, Angular, jQuery, WPF, Azure Service Fabric, Azure Blob, Azure Queue, Azure Web Apps, Docker, Jenkins and Octopus.
- 10+ years of experience in designing, developing and scaling software applications
- Demonstrated experience in C# and .NET
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- In-depth knowledge of SQL, stored procedures and schema design in large scale relational DBs
- Demonstrated experience with designing/scaling large distributed systems
- Familiar with Agile, DevOps (CI/CD), TDD, Feature Flags, Microservices, test automation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure stack (i.e. Service Fabric, Blob, etc.)
- Experience in frontend development frameworks (i.e. Angular)
- Experience in big data technologies (i.e. Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, etc.) and machine learning
- NoSQL database design and optimization experience is a plus
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Engineering Job ID: R84397
Related Job Opportunities
- Technical Support Engineer 1, SecurID, RSA Cairo, Egypt
- DevOps Engineer Cairo, Egypt
- Software Senior Engineer Cairo, Egypt
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.