Technical Content Developer ( Contract Role)
Primary Location: EGY
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining technical training courseware (pre-GA and post-GA) for VMware Customers, Partners, and GSS technical support engineers globally. Courses will be delivered in traditional lecture/lab settings, and, at times, on-line.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Develop customer facing Technical Training Content on CMBU products (especially on VRA, VRO & saltstack) for VMware Education.
- Design and Develop Hands-on Labs for technical training curriculum.
- Conduct Train the Trainer (TTT) sessions to fellow Instructors and Developers.
- Develop the content in content development tool (Xyleme) for both Instructor Led, OnDemand and eLearning course formats.
- Develop expertise in vRealize Automation product line and become an SME.
- Become a VCI within 6 months of joining the team, as per business needs and requirements.
- Participate in retrospective meetings of courses developed and provide feedback to improve courseware.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to understand roadmap, product design and usability for customers.
- Develop and deliver content for customer webinars and TOIs for internal audience.
- Conduct customer event sessions for education as needed.
- Develop technical courseware for Pre-GA readiness.
- Develop custom courses to cater to the customer and internal audience requirements.
- Develop post GA troubleshooting modules and courses for technical support personnel.
- Collaborate with VCIs, PM, TPMs and Engineering SMEs to validate course design and content.
- Update and maintain existing courseware and labs.
- Conduct ongoing meetings with stakeholders and communicate project status.
- Partner with engineering to structure and design TOI (transfer of information) content.
- Work with VMware's internal readiness team, technical publications, Education and systems engineering to ensure consistency of product documentation and training materials to exploit opportunities for reuse of these materials.
- Investigating, developing, and implementing programs for alternative education channels for customers and strategic partners, such as online webinars, eLearning, and technical awareness seminars
- Assist in interviewing and selecting new technical content developers
- Mentor new developers, and provide support to other developers, especially those based on-site
- Partner with other business functions to gauge the pulse and need of the customer and tie that back into course materials
- Traveling time of 10% may be needed, as per business requirements.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years’ experience developing technical training materials.
- 8+ years’ experience in technical industry with focus on Cloud Computing or automation technologies.
- Strong working knowledge with VMware vSphere platform.
- Strong understanding of VMware vRealize products (vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator etc.)
- Good working knowledge of Saltstack is preferred.
- Good understanding of Containers and Kubernetes technologies will be an added advantage
- Good understanding of public cloud, private cloud and monitoring tools
- Ability to write scripts and simple programs using python and ansible would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of systems administration in Linux/UNIX and Microsoft Windows operating systems and applications.
- Experience using instructional design models, including:
- Instructional design principles and methodologies
- Analyzing audience needs and tying them to business requirements
- Designing and developing student and instructor guides
- Creating tests and practical lab activities
- Have expertise on e-learning tools and methodologies
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in developing a customer facing courseware.
- Self-starter, taking initiative and requiring minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Experience in PowerPoint, Word, Camtasia etc
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- VCP-DCV, VCP-CMA or similar required.
- VCIX-CMA certifications would be added advantage.
- VMware Certified Instructor (VCI) would be preferred.
- Public Cloud Certifications (AWS, GCP, Azure etc) would be added advantage.
**Please note this is a 12 month Contract Role
Category : Client Support
Subcategory: Customer Support
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-12-21
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2019526