Technical Support Manager, NSX
Primary Location: ,Cairo
The VMware Global Support Services (GSS) team supports over 250,000 companies running VMware servers in over 100 different countries. GSS provides time-zone optimized coverage throughout five support centers globally. The GSS team supports the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners and participates in developing new products and new versions of current products. GSS team members also participate in product delivery strategy, product documentation, discussion forums with customers, and expert documents publishing. A dedication to excellence and customer advocacy pervades the GSS team, and the work environment fosters intellectual stimulation through exchanges with internal and external customers. The VMware GSS team members are the “best of the best” supporting business-critical applications in a virtual infrastructure.
What's in it for you?
VMware brings together a phenomenal group of people. This includes a world-class development organization with unparalleled expertise in the system software space. The entire VMware team has crafted a rare business environment - one of energy, creativity, and collaboration. The atmosphere is fun, casual, and inviting, in keeping with VMware's roots as a successful entrepreneurial start-up.
As a Technical Support Manager – NSX you will have the responsibility for managing a highly skilled team in support of some of VMware’s most strategic customers and partners. You will work closely with the Senior Management, Engineering, Sales, and Product Marketing teams to ensure that VMware is delivering overall superior service and technical support. The candidate will be able to hire, motivate, develop, and retain quality Network Virtualization Engineers who are capable of continuing and improving VMware's success in the NSX product space.
We believe in building a highly collaborative team that thrives on resolving complex issues. Our team vision is that everyone has something to contribute and we can all always learn something new. From the first day, you can expect to be included in multiple opportunities to share your experience and knowledge of both technology and customer management.
- Provide superior technical support and service to the VMware NSX customer base
- Interface with the field, sales and service organizations and directly with the customer base on critical escalations and call resolution
- Manage and develop the support teams, including hiring, professional development, and proactive project work
- Design, develop, and implement processes, systems, and technology to support and improve the technical support function, including workflow and incident management
- Develop and implement practices that measure the effectiveness and performance of the Technical Support Function
- Lead and/or being involved in Global Strategic Initiatives
- Work with VMware's engineering team to implement formal feedback mechanisms for incidents, causes, and resolutions
- Evangelizing VMware’s NSX vision both internally and externally as appropriate.
- 8 years of Experience in the software industry with a minimum of 3 years in technical support management, including people management
- Background in the development and management of remote support groups, international support groups, and 24x7 support operations
- Extensive expertise in developing metrics to measure the effectiveness of technical support within the organization
- Experience in both small and large companies is highly desirable
- Familiarity with systems operations and management environments within large enterprise customers and/or service providers is desirable
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Track record of accomplishment and effectiveness within organizations
- Familiarity with CRM or incident tracking and management systems such as Siebel, Remedy, Clarify, Salesforce, etc
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Category : Client Support
Subcategory: Technical Support
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-01
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2017099