Director, Network Sales and Systems Engineering - Western Region (Remote) (Open)Remote - California, United States (All Other), Remote - California, United States (Bay Area);Remote - California, United States (LA/Orange County);Remote - Colorado, United States;Remote - Kansas, United States;Remote - Oregon, United States;Remote - Washington, United States 12/05/2018
Dell EMC, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. Our North America Compute and Networking organization is looking for a Director, Network Sales and Systems Engineering. This role is based remotely and cover our Western region of the US.
A career as a Director, Network Sales and Systems Engineering is one which is truly exciting, highly dynamic, challenging and very rewarding. This position is a leader of our consultative sales and pre-sales engineers that represents our Dell EMC Networking portfolio.
- Manages a team of networking Sales Specialists and Networking Sales Engineers and oversees complex, large and strategic opportunities for commercial and public customers.
- Provides direction to Networking Sales Engineering and Sales area in addition to Core Business Sale Org and DCSE/ASE organization.
- Develops and communicates strategic Sales Engineering and/or Specialist plans and pipeline development
- Develops and communicates the development of teams technical development and customer knowledge
- Mentors director-level reports and any other peripheral groups to drive the Networking business – Field and Inside
- Consults with customers' technical executive leadership
- Develops strategies to optimize effectiveness and productivity of sales engineering and sales specialist resources
- Ability to develop and translate executive-level business strategy into results. Exposure across Public and Commercial account sets.
- Expert ability to apply advanced concepts in the technical engineering field to practical business problems
- Expert ability to communicate technical concepts, architectures and designs, program strategies, and tactics clearly throughout a global management team
- Expert presentation skills
- Expert negotiation skills and the ability to establish mutually beneficial program commitments and expectations with customers at the executive level
- Expert level of solutions and technical knowledge. Expert understanding of customer/industry climate
- Typically 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Ideal locations for the candidate to be based: Southern California, Northern California, Denver, Seattle, Kansas City, Portland
- Knowledge of Dell Networking portfolio, experience leading technical and sales teams
- Knowledge of Competitive Networking products and offerings in the commercial market ( Cisco, Arista, Extreme HP, Campus/Wireless providers)
- Software Defined Networking exposure/background
- Strong Sales Delivery to goals
- Familiarity with DellEMC Tools – SFDC, DSA, My Quotes, Workday, BMS
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills and established relationships in territory
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell hereJob Family: Engineering Sales Remote Job ID: R82354
Related Job Opportunities
- Linux Desktop Experience Engineer California
- Product Manager: GTM Strategy Washington
- Software Senior Engineer California
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.