Engineering Technologist - VxRail & VCF-on-VxRailRemote - Kentucky, United States, Remote - Arizona, United States;Remote - California, United States (All Other);Remote - Colorado, United States;Remote - Oregon, United States 11/07/2019
Engineering Technologist - VxRail & VCF-on-VxRail
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
From applied research to advanced engineering, the Engineering Technologist team has the expertise to shape ground-breaking products, material and processes. It’s a fascinating field of work. We’re involved in assessing the competition, developing technology and product strategies and generating intellectual property. We lead technology investigations, analyze industry capabilities and recommend potential acquisitions or vendor partner opportunities. Our insights influence product architecture and definitions. And we work with colleagues across the business to ensure Dell products always lead the way.
- 25-50% Travel (Domestic)
- Travel to Customer data centers to assist cross-functional teams with new/large/complex solutions
- Design and explain large, complex systems architectures based on VxRail and/or VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF) on VxRail
- Serve as one of the world's deepest technical subject matter expert (SME) on VxRail and VCF-on-VxRail, with a specialty in Pivotal/Kubernetes
- Train diverse teams on hyper-converged infrastructure technologies, including vSphere, vSAN, NSX, vRealize, and more
- Author technical documentation, procedures, and other content as required
- Plan and lead customer workshops to determine needs and solutions
- Share information between teams, top Customers, Account Teams, and Engineering
- Manage large, complex projects
- 10+ Years Related Experience
- 2+ Years Implementing Pivotal/Kubernetes Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Technology or Business
- Master's Degree in Technology or Business
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can act as a technical authority in a ground-breaking business, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Sales-Operations Engineering Sales-Operations-Job-Family-Group Job ID: R044751
Related Job Opportunities
- Senior Account Systems Engineer Multiple Locations
- Software Senior Principal Engineer Multiple Locations
- Senior Systems Engineer MDC Enterprise - Palo Alto, CA Multiple Locations