Senior Communications Specialist - Remote
Primary Location: United States (Bay Area)
Remote - California, United States (All Other); Remote - California, United States (LA/Orange County); Remote - Georgia, United States; Remote - Illinois, United States; Remote - Massachusetts, United States; Remote - Texas, United States
Position: Senior Communications Specialist
Dell Company: Boomi
Today, people demand Integrated Experiences that instantly connect them to what they want. And Boomi is uniquely positioned to win as we align data readiness, integration, and user engagement. If you’re looking for a fast-growing, highly visible and entrepreneurial team with the opportunity to create unique communications programs and make an impact, this is the perfect opportunity for you. The Boomi marketing team is hiring a senior communications professional who understands the importance of developing strategic narratives and managing an organization’s reputation.
As one of the pioneers in enterprise iPaaS, Boomi has a deep understanding of the market’s key needs. We’re deployed in over 67 countries, continuing to serve over 12,000 customers, and have a hybrid of options that can scale to any enterprise level.
Dell Boomi, a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Integration Platform as a Service has an exciting opportunity Senior Communications Specialist on the Boomi team. We are open to all remote locations!
The Senior Communications Specialist develops, implements, and manages a strategic global internal and external communication strategy that supports Boomi, a leader in the integration as a platform (iPaaS) category. They will enable the building of productive, mutually valued relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders and media to further company’s business, product and marketing objectives. Helps shape the perception of the company and protects and enhances the company's reputation, brand and valuation.
- Responsible for shaping the Company’s reputation and position of leadership with the full range of external and internal audiences, which includes:
- Executive Communications – Develops the thought leadership program and manages the corporate reputation for the C-Suite and other senior executives by developing strategic communications and providing counsel that builds and reinforces company’s thought leadership, brand favorability and customer-centric focus.
- Media Relations – Develops and executes in all global media outreach strategies to successfully articulate and build awareness of company’s portfolio of offerings. Manage global agencies, including driving strategy and fulfilling the ongoing needs of these important teams to drive media success. Manage the overarching relationships with international, national and local media across the full range of the Company’s activities.
- Issues Management - addresses and responds to major reputational threats that can impact the company; partners with Legal, Investor Relations, and other stakeholders to ensure effective issues management.
- Internal Communication - oversees and contributes to global internal communication, ensuring it aligns team member understanding, acceptance, performance and motivation with the Company's corporate strategy as well as promoting corporate and marketing initiatives.
- Industry Analyst and Influencer Communications – Work in alignment with and create media strategies to support the Analyst Relations team that manages ongoing relationships with influential industry analysts and other influencers to secure third-party endorsement of company’s growth strategy. Deploy creative strategies to utilize analyst data and insights in the media program to achieve favorable press coverage.
- Brand Communications and Corporate Responsibility - builds and manages a communications program in support of the core tenets of company’s brand including thought leadership, customer centricity and global corporate citizenship. Is responsible for ensuring the integration and consistency of global communication to a variety of stakeholders, including customers, team members, the media, and key influencers. Shapes and communicates key messages that effectively convey the Company’s purpose and values, business strategy, and the value of its people and portfolio. Regularly consults with and advises marketing leaders, the executive leadership team and other stakeholders on corporate communication matters to ensure strategic alignment, enhance company’s reputation and visibility, and manage risks to business. Identifies, explores and pursues opportunities to build awareness of company’s portfolio of offerings and translate to advocacy.
- Integrated communications – Supports the Marketing Communications team by developing multi-channel integrated communications strategies and tactics beyond traditional media channels to support broader integrated campaigns. This also includes multi-channel influence to include other key influencers in the Company’s category and technology industry and on social media channels.
- Content creation – Creates specific messaging, narratives and story angles and storylines specifically for traditional media derived from Boomi’s overarching narratives and that support corporate and marketing initiatives. Oversee and contribute to the regular development of press materials that support corporate and marketing initiatives, executive and internal communications.
- Progressive measurement – Accurately and regularly measures and reports on the success of the global communications program to peers and management in accordance with Company formats and requirements. Develops metrics and analyzes data for reporting in a forward-thinking and progressive manner in terms of measurement methodologies, factoring in industry trends and measurement benchmarks, as well as new software and measurement tools and to gauge success.
Project management skills
Ability to work effectively with senior management and peers
Expert Understanding of B2B technology, enterprise IT and enterprise software
Ability to influence others to achieve results
Expert presentation skills
Expert writing skills
Experience collaborating with corporate executives/C-Suite
12+ years of related experience in communications and public relations
Minimum of 7-10 years of experience working in the technology industry
Recent experience working in enterprise software, ideally cloud computing or SaaS
Experience working at a communications/public relations agency or managing agency teams
Demonstrable experience as a writer or media and journalism experience
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R077330