Senior Network ConsultantRemote - Texas, United States, Remote - California, United States (Bay Area);Remote - Colorado, United States;Remote - Georgia, United States;Remote - Illinois, United States;Remote - Massachusetts, United States;Remote - Michigan, United States;Remote - Minnesota, United States;Remote - New York, United States (NY Metro);Remote - North Carolina, United States;Remote - Ohio, United States;Remote - Pennsylvania, United States;Remote - Virginia (COUNTY - All Other) 02/08/2019
As a Subject Matter Expert (SME) you will be working to assist Dell EMC and our customers with activities associated with Cisco-centric data center activities. Duties may be, but not limited to:
- Data Center design and operational thought leadership as related to Cisco HW/SW platforms.
- Participation in daily/weekly customer program strategy planning sessions.
- Participate and lead discovery efforts to document the customers data center “As-Is” state.
- Develop high-level design documents outlining strategic and tactical plans to reach a “To-Be” state.
- Develop, execute, and document Proof-of-Concept test cases as required by program guidelines.
- Develop low-level design and build documents to include configuration templates and instruction guides for junior technical resources.
- Participate in scheduled execution activities of approved deployment plans.
- Strong understanding of Cisco-centric data center architectures and operations
- Routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF and BGP
- Firewall design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Load balancer design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Common telecommunications transport technologies such as MPLS and Metro-Ethernet
- Cisco-centric best practices and methods for security and performance monitoring
- Cisco-centric Campus network designs and best practices
- Quickly distill complex technical data center environments
- Translate technical requirements into actionable execution plans
- Write clear executable instructions for junior technical engineers
- Prioritize time to ensure work products are delivered within prescribed program time frames.
- To work in and adapt to a dynamic and fluid environment where strategy shifts may be required to achieve successful outcomes of program objectives.
- Work as a member of a team that includes other architects and engineers with differing views of program objectives and expected outcomes.
Experience and Education
- 10+ years’ experience working in complex Cisco-centric data center environments
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Cisco CCIE R/S and/or Data Center certification
- Will consider CCNP certification for right candidate.
- All certifications must be current
Related Job Opportunities
- Services Sales Executive Pennsylvania
- Senior Presales Engineer - MDC Enterprise Multiple Locations
- Data Center Sales Executive (Commercial) Massachusetts
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.