Dell Boomi Principal User Experience DesignerChesterbrook, Pennsylvania, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States 11/19/2018
Dell Boomi is a highly collaborative, rapidly-growing product development company that offers a robust, low-code, cloud-native integration platform for enterprise architects, data stewards, business analysts, and administrators. The products we design enable our customers to build complex processes with ease and familiarity through a visual, drag & drop interface; manage and synchronize data across domains; and control the creation, deployment and management of APIs.
Boomi is consistently named as a leader in iPaaS, and as one of Philadelphia’s Best Places to Work. For more information about Boomi, visit http://www.boomi.com
We’re looking for a highly-experienced, T-shaped generalist (not a unicorn) to join our growing UX practice. If you are a research-driven Interaction Designer with strong verbal and visual communication skills, an attention to detail, and a team-oriented spirit—let’s talk. You’ll be an influence on our organization and the user experience of our integrated platform, specifically responsible for leading the design and usability on 1-2 of our product teams.
This role reports to the Director of User Experience.
Your responsibilities include:
- Understand complex technological concepts and communicate them in simplified, visual form
- Collaborate and communicate across teams and roles
- Design with consistency, and an attention to detail
- Exhibit broad knowledge of qualitative research methods and how / when to apply them
- Contribute to our UI guidelines and their maintenance, owning the stewardship and communication of patterns to product teams
- Design inclusively, with a demonstrated understanding of WCAG 2.0
- Contribute to building and influencing our emerging UX practice
- Think both conceptually and pragmatically about product strategy to ensure that Boomi remains an industry leader
- Setting clear expectations and guidance for the designers supporting your efforts
- The ability to effectively manage “up”
This position requires:
- A solid history of leading design efforts for product development, or complex business systems and applications
- Experience leading others on projects
- Strong empathy for our customers, and the ability to discover and define their business needs
- Exceptional verbal and visual communication skills
- The desire and ability to mentor others
- Deep expertise as an information architect
- Experience educating non-designers on the value of UX—and the patience and perseverance to do so
- A considered, clearly-articulated design philosophy
- Familiarity with Creative Cloud, and rapid prototyping tools (e.g., InVision, Sketch, Adobe XD)
- Ability to create sketches and wireframes to communicate workflows and features to others
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize
- The desire to collaborate, with the ability to operate independently
- A willingness to provide and accept constructive criticism
- Work samples and/or case studies that show us how you work through the process, and the outcome of those efforts
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Working familiarity with HTML and CSS
- A ‘niche’ area of strength, e.g., technical abilities, conceptual designer, visual design, design systems, or content strategy
- Involvement in the UX community
Boomi is located in Chesterbrook, PA and is close to great shops, dining, and SEPTA regional rail. We have a relaxed office environment with intelligent, supportive colleagues, brightly colored walls, and lots of whiteboard surfaces.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering Graduates Job ID: R76366
Related Job Opportunities
- Dell Boomi Senior DevSecOps Engineer Pennsylvania
- Software Engineer - Java Developer Pennsylvania
- Principal Software Engineer - Java, Cloud, Web Services Pennsylvania
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.