Dell Boomi - Senior User Experience DesignerChesterbrook, Pennsylvania, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States 02/08/2019
Dell Boomi is a highly collaborative, rapidly-growing product development company that offers a robust, low-code integration platform to enterprise architects, data stewards, business analysts, and administrators. The products we design enable our customers to build complex processes with ease and familiarity through a visual, drag & drop interface; manage and synchronize data across domains; and control the creation, deployment and management of APIs.
Boomi is consistently named as a leader in iPaaS, and as one of Philadelphia’s Best Places to Work. For more information about Boomi, visit http://www.boomi.com
We’re looking for a T-shaped design generalist to join our UX practice. If you are a research-driven Interaction Designer with strong verbal and visual communication skills, an attention to detail, and a team-oriented spirit—let’s talk. Under the guidance of design leads, you’ll play a role in improving the design, usability, and accessibility of the platform.
This role reports to the Director of User Experience.
- Understand complex technological concepts and communicate them simply, in visual form
- Collaborate and communicate across teams and roles
- Design with consistency, and an attention to detail
- Exhibit familiarity of qualitative research methods
- Contribute to our UI guidelines and their maintenance
- Design inclusively, with a demonstrated understanding of WCAG 2.0
- Professional experience in the design of complex business systems and applications, or product development
- Strong empathy for our users, and the ability to understand their needs
- Demonstrated ability to translate business and user needs into design solutions
- Exceptional verbal and visual communication skills
- Familiarity with Creative Cloud, and rapid prototyping tools (e.g., InVision, Sketch, Adobe XD)
- Ability to create sketches and wireframes to communicate workflows and features to others
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Occasional travel spanning 2-5 days (<10% travel)
- The desire to collaborate, with the ability to operate with minimal oversight
- A demonstrated ability to manage ‘up’
- A willingness to provide and accept constructive criticism
- Work samples and/or case studies that show us how you work through the process, and the outcome of those efforts
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Working familiarity with HTML and CSS
- A ‘niche’ area of strength, e.g., technical abilities, conceptual designer, visual design, design systems, or content strategy
- Formal visual design skills
- Involvement in the UX community
Boomi is located in Chesterbrook, PA and is close to great shops, dining, and SEPTA regional rail. We have a relaxed office environment with intelligent, supportive colleagues, brightly colored walls, and lots of whiteboard surfaces.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.Job Family: Engineering Job ID: R75507
Related Job Opportunities
- Senior UX Researcher Pennsylvania
- Dell Boomi Senior DevSecOps Engineer Pennsylvania
- Software Quality Engineer Massachusetts
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.