Principal Quality EngineerCambridge, Massachusetts 05/16/2019
Principal Quality Engineer
Are you ready to work on world changing technologies? Today, organizations need to move with increased agility and insight to grow and thrive. Dell Boomi is one of the hottest tech companies in the SaaS/Cloud industry, named a Leader for the third year in a row in the Gartner Enterprise iPaaS Magic Quadrant and recently recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the best workplaces. Our award-winning, patented technology is transforming the world of integration by making enterprise-class integration technology accessible and affordable to companies of all sizes. Dell Boomi provides the foundation on which your business can evolve and innovate. According to a recent survey by Vanson Bourne, connected businesses are far outpacing their competitors. We help organizations connect everything and engage everywhere across any channel, device or platform. More than 8,000 organizations are using Boomi to run better, faster and smarter. Organizations across industries and geographies are seeking faster and smarter ways to modernize their digital infrastructure. But the increasing complexities of application and data integration is a growing challenge. And with the accelerating pace of business, companies can’t afford to spend months on complex and resource-intensive integration projects.
The Dell Boomi cloud-native platform provides revolutionary speed and ease for connecting any combination of on-premise or cloud-based applications for automating business process. Our unified platform includes robust support for core integration, master data, API, EDI and workflow management, all based on one unified, “low-code” development environment. By tapping the power of the Boomi platform, any organization can significantly shorten project times, reduce costs, streamline processes and boost productivity. Our technologies connect applications, assure data quality and automate workflows.
We are seeking an experienced Quality Engineer to help build and drive our UI and UX testing best practices at Boomi. The Principal Quality Engineer will be part of a team with representatives from all disciplines, with strong collaboration with the UX team, to build user experience development tools and guide testing methods at Boomi. The individual we are looking for will be comfortable with functional and automated testing and will be passionate about the details -- evaluation of semantic HTML, responsive design and accessibility standards, and front-end application performance.
Must Have Requirements:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in software quality assurance and testing
Experience with scripting automated tests using Selenium WebDriver
Ability to create and manage front-end automation testing frameworks
Knowledge of semantic HTML and best practices
Understanding of accessibility standards (WCAG, Section 508, WAI / ARIA)
Experience leading and establishing responsive design testing practices
- Ability to create and manage front-end automation testing frameworks with knowledge of Agile Software Development Life Cycles
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment testing environments
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or Computer Science
Highly Preferred Skills:
- Solid knowledge of semantic HTML and CSS and familiarity with front-end frameworks
- Extensive UX Testing and Web Application testing experience
- Experience in testing strategies for Responsive Design, as well as, Domain Knowledge
- Familiarity and experience with Accessibility standards and testing practices
- Analytical skills to deduce the cause of issues in testing environment as well as production environment
- Willingness to explore options and challenge current standards. Backs opinions with reason and demonstrable evidence. Understands impacts of proposed changes
- Familiarity with testing tools and frameworks, with a preference for Selenium and Java, and as we investigate other testing tools, as well as, looking for someone with skills in evaluating options
- Ability to assess processes with an eye toward improvement and simplification, provide guidance and mentorship across the organization
- Be prepared to advocate for solutions, develop and socialize training materials, and in other ways work to improve and define best-practices
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team-based environment, implement best practices in testing procedures and provide mentoring lead project initiatives
- Deliver Quality Software as a member of an agile, interdisciplinary team to deliver high-quality software on a regular cadence
- Gather information to help formulate acceptance criteria, be a user advocate, and be comfortable challenging and discussing the intent of stories to surface edge cases and improve outcomes
- Identify areas of improvement within current QA practices and provide constructive feedback
- Contribute to manual and automated testing suites to ensure future software stability
- Develop deep knowledge of the product and drive continuous improvement
- Be a creative thinker and problem solver, collaborate with team members and the Boomi community. We welcome people who are willing to challenge established norms
- As a founding member of a new internal team focused on core user experience, be responsible in part to ramp up the team and ensure quality output
- Collaborate with UX and technical leadership to drive team process improvements across the department
- Work with other QA leadership to refine and improve our automated UI testing capabilities
Dell Technologies: With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dells team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with passion for technology
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential
- Our team member’s health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering
Job ID: R38376
Related Job Opportunities
- Principal Software Engineer, Platform Services Multiple Locations
- Dell Boomi Principal UX Researcher Multiple Locations
- Software Development Engineer Massachusetts