Software Development EngineerCambridge, Massachusetts 05/21/2019
Software Development Engineer
Location: Cambridge, MA
Are you ready to work on world changing technologies? Today, organizations need to move with increased agility and insight to grow and thrive. Dell Boomi is one of the hottest tech companies in the SaaS/Cloud industry, named a Leader for the third year in a row in the Gartner Enterprise iPaaS Magic Quadrant and recently recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the best workplaces. Our award-winning, patented technology is transforming the world of integration by making enterprise-class integration technology accessible and affordable to companies of all sizes. Dell Boomi provides the foundation on which your business can evolve and innovate. According to a recent survey by Vanson Bourne, connected businesses are far outpacing their competitors. We help organizations connect everything and engage everywhere across any channel, device or platform. More than 7,000 organizations are using Boomi to run better, faster and smarter.
Organizations across industries and geographies are seeking faster and smarter ways to modernize their digital infrastructure. But the increasing complexities of application and data integration is a growing challenge. And with the accelerating pace of business, companies can’t afford to spend months on complex and resource-intensive integration projects.
The Dell Boomi cloud-native platform provides revolutionary speed and ease for connecting any combination of on-premise or cloud-based applications for automating business process. Our unified platform includes robust support for core integration, master data, API, EDI and workflow management, all based on one unified, “low-code” development environment. By tapping the power of the Boomi platform, any organization can significantly shorten project times, reduce costs, streamline processes and boost productivity. Our technologies connect applications, assure data quality and automate workflows.
Working at Dell Boomi means doing what you love. We hire trailblazers with an entrepreneurial spirit who can solve challenging problems, make a real impact in technology and want to build something big. If you are passionate about solving hard problems, enjoy working with world-class people and developing cutting edge technology, you should explore a career with Boomi. Learn more at http://www.boomi.com/ or visit Boomi Careers.
Must Have Requirements:
- Minimum 5-7 years of professional experience in software development using the Java programming language
- Must have a solid understanding of object oriented design concepts for delivering and maintaining a software product
- Experience in architecting and implementing highly scalable, high output web applications and backend systems
- Technical understanding of SQL, JDBC, XML, Servlets, and Hibernate
- Knowledge of SOA concepts
- Technical understanding of Web Services technologies including REST, SOAP and WSDL is required
- Exposure to mature development processes including use of source code control systems like Git is required
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Work experience with an enterprise software or web company is important
- Knowledge of RIA technologies, especially GWT
- Agile development methodology expereince
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix environments
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Be a key part of the full product development lifecycle of software applications offered by Boomi
- Investigate and resolve complex customer issues
- Responsible for design, development and unit testing of the Boomi products including enhancements and/or resolution of any issues that may be reported
- Recommend best practices and techniques to customers
- Research, validate and recommend key technology decisions for the core platform and other customer facing offerings
- Mentoring of other Boomi engineers, including design collaboration and code reviews
- Be an active member of an Agile team, collaboratively realizing features through development, test, and delivery
- Work independently with a moderate level of guidance from engineering management
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Dell Boomi is expanding our team with our newest location in Cambridge, MA.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Engineering Job ID: R68713
Related Job Opportunities
- Software Development Engineer Massachusetts
- Dell Boomi Senior Design Technologist Multiple Locations
- Dell Boomi Principal UX Researcher Multiple Locations