Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.Sr. Associate Customer Engineer- Hagerstown, MD
|Perform preventive and remedial maintenance of EMC maintained products at customer locations in different operating environments. Must be able to work with limited supervision as directed by management and adhere to administrative policies and escalation procedures.|
| PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
- Technical/Functional Focus:
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable automobile. Must carry a communication device. May be required to work overtime. May be required to work Alternative Work Schedule. Lifting requirement: o Move/lift equipment (e.g., lift kit) weighing up to 25 lbs. to a height of up to 5 feet o Move/lift equipment (e.g., batteries to be placed onto the lift kit) weighing up to 65 lbs. to a height of up to 2 feet EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
- 2 Years as a Customer Engineer or related experience. Ability to develop action plans for issues of limited complexity.
- Role Requirements / Recommendations:
- Maintains all assigned spare parts, tools and test equipment. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or senior employee. Attends training classes as required to develop and maintain a working knowledge of EMC equipment, software, and OEM equipment. Mentors Associate CEs.
- Adheres to proper escalation procedures. Perform part replacements and hardware firmware (microcode/FLARE) upgrades as assigned or directed. Updates CSI at the completion of an event. Assure complete customer satisfaction by adherence to the following: Prompt onsite arrival time, Technical expertise, Professionalism. Must communicate with customer before, during, and at the completion of the activity. Includes the timely and accurate submission of all associated documentation as well as parts returns within 24 hours of an event. Submit accurate and timely expense reports, EAS/CSI updates, and timecards.
- Adheres to product specific guidelines, procedures, and best practices. Diagnose system malfunctions to isolate problems to EMC, other OEM vendors or software and develop appropriate action plans. Perform pro-active and reactive maintenance and hardware FCOs according to established procedures.
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Ability to build, repair or prepare assemblies across EMC's product line.
| Experience Required: ||1+ years relevant experience, or equivalent|
| Physical Requirements: ||0|
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.