Software Technologist,Remote - Canada (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Ottawa, NWT, Nunavat) 03/18/2020
Dell is looking for a senior technologist with advanced expertise in 5G Radio subsystem, standards, technologies and ecosystem.
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
The Software Technologist, will be part of a core team within the Dell’s Office of the CTO, who will be responsible for developing Dell’s technology strategy for addressing the demands of 5G Radio subsystem for operators and to help our enterprise customers to exploit this significant market evolution. The candidate for this role will have significant work experience in mobile systems, Radio technology and 3GPP standards as well as a strong background in NFV and cloud system architectures.
From applied research to advanced engineering, the Software Technologist team has the expertise to shape ground-breaking products, material and processes. It’s a fascinating field of work. You will be involved in assessing the competition, developing technology and product strategies and generating intellectual property. You will lead technology investigations, analyze industry capabilities and recommend potential acquisitions or vendor partner opportunities. Your insights will influence product architecture and definitions. And you will work with colleagues across the business to ensure Dell products always lead the way.
- Lead member of the Dell CTO Office’s 5G team, in 5G Radio Subsystem, which is responsible for the development of 5G Strategy & Solutions recommendations to senior leadership
- Internal expert on 4G/5G Radio subsystem and mobile who will support Dell product divisions and marketing organizations.
- Supporting Dell’s go to market organizations in engaging our Telecom and Enterprise customers to learn current and future market demands, document ‘user stories’ and craft winning proposals.
- Proven record of working on large mobile network systems either as a member of a network equipment manufacturer, radio technology provider or mobile service provider.
- Background in RF, Radio Amplifier technology, network infrastructure and IP communications.
- Wireless expert with strong hands-on technical skills and the demonstrated ability to work across disparate groups including sales, operations, product management, and engineering.
- Detailed understanding of 3GPP specifications and worldwide spectrum and telecommunications regulations.
- Organized, goal-oriented technical leader to lead, follow, and effectively collaborate with knowledgeable Architecture peers and business partners.
- Strong knowledge in 4G and 5G Radio and/or subsystems architecture, implementation and ecosystem
18+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience Typically requires 10+ years diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization and people motivation skill (or equivalent experience)
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re keen to be at the forefront of driving world-class technology innovation, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Remote Job ID: R058970