UDS Pre Sales Solution Consultant,Remote - Canada (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Ottawa, NWT, Nunavat) 02/11/2019
The Unstructured Data Solutions Team within Dell EMC is responsible for designing solutions for Scale-Out File and Object workflows. Our industry leading Scale out Architecture for file and object combine reliability, efficiency and easy of use, allowing our customers to build large solutions with minimal effort, enabling customers to drive increased productivity while reducing operational overhead and increasing the value of their most important asset: the data they own. This unique value allows customers to unlock new revenue potential from their data.
We seek professionals who have a true passion for technology. This person will take charge and make an impact solving customer needs. Specifically, we seek a Pre-Sales Solution Consultant to service accounts as part of our Unstructured Data Solutions Team. This highly technical professional possesses in-depth knowledge of the storage industry, and is focused on large-scale file and object solutions. This candidate will have a specialized knowledge of the UNIX and Windows file serving protocols including: NFS, SMB, FTP, HDFS, HTTPS, S3 and Rest. You will possess a strong understand of IP networking. Additionally, you will demonstrate expertise pertaining to file and object base work flows including: Media and Entertainment, High Performance Computing, Analytics and Machine Learning, medical imaging, and Internet of Things.
The Pre-Sales Solution Consultant is a partner in the sales process working with a Sales counterpart to managing accounts specific to your territory. You will be held accountable for the technical success of your business while maintaining relationships with your customer base, with the larger UDS Canada Sales team, sales teams throughout Dell|EMC, and our extensive partner community. You will contribute heavily to the creation of sales strategy and tactics with you Sales counterpart to run a successful business in your sales territory.
Activities include but are not limited to presentations/white boarding, solution demonstrations, account management, assisting customers with evaluations and benchmarks, timely follow-up to both customers and the larger Dell|EMC ecosystem. and building system configurations. The ultimate goals of the Specialist Solution Consultant is to position the correct solution based on customer requirements and obtaining the technical win. Post-sales support is typically handled through the Dell EMC Customer Service organization however the you may be called upon to assist with problem resolution as necessary. Pre-Sales Solution Consultants may also be called on to assist with trade and marketing shows.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Five to Eight years’ experience supporting the sale of enterprise storage, networking, enterprise software, or systems solutions to enterprise accounts, state and local governments and educational institutions.
• Sales and Systems Engineering support for Sales Representatives
• Ability to demonstrate solutions to customers/potential customers as part of a sales campaign
• Ability to support and manage a customer proof-of-concept promoting key features, functions and/or performance which differentiates Dell EMC UDS platforms from other industry solutions
• Knowledge of industry benchmarking standards and performance tuning/sizing
• Ability to translate technical features into tangible customer business benefits
• Preparation and delivery of technical product and architecture presentation at a CxO level
• Develop technical solutions to customer business issues including and identifying new technologies or technologies outside of Dell EMC products and solutions
• Contribute to meeting revenue targets by providing pertinent, timely and on-going customer technical information flow
• Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
• Contribute to building 'Best Practices' among peers in sales and systems engineering
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Travel within the geography and available means of transportation is required with travel outside of the geography occurring occasionally – A valid driver’s license is also required
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience
• Specialized knowledge of UNIX OS, NFS file systems and UNIX distributed network environment
• Knowledge of Windows Server, SMB and CIFS file systems
• Ethernet, TCP/IP, general networking knowledge
• Understanding of the architecture, design and implementation of multi-tiered storage solutions
• Knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures
Working knowledge within any of the following specific areas is considered a plus:
• Isilon Systems & Elastic Cloud Storage solutions
• NAS and Object based solutions competitive to Dell EMC
• Back-up, Recovery and Archive technologies
• Working knowledge or Real World Experience with any of the following critical areas of growth in Unstructured Data
•Hadoop/HDFS Application Ecosystem
• Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning
• Clustered Computational Analysis
• Quant Trading
• Automated Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
• Health Sciences Research, Analytics and Sequencing
• Electronic Design Automation (EDA)Job Family: Sales Remote Job ID: R91239
Related Job Opportunities
- Bilingual Inside Sales Account Manager 2 Toronto, Canada
- Inside Sales Account Manager IV ( Inside Led ) Toronto, Canada
- Dell Boomi Presales Solutions Architect Calgary, Canada
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.