Senior Sales Engineer - Compute & Networking
Primary Location: Australia
Do you want a technical, consultative pre-sales role that is exciting, dynamic, challenging and rewarding? Within Global Networking and Compute Sales, we are seeking a Senior Sales Engineer to join us in Canberra and promote enterprise solutions that allow companies to enable value and efficiency through effective technology solutions.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Sales Engineer, you will help define the overall Dell Technologies solution for the customer using the range of company products and services. You will also support complex customer accounts and our field sales teams.
You will work with our existing sales teams, translating the technical requirements of our largest customers into enterprise solutions. This will involve:
- Driving the technical discussions with customers to close and deliver the solutions and meet targets, engaging with other subject matter experts or services as necessary
- Leading technical level discussions around enterprise solutions and building a credible future state strategy on optimised architecture
- Delivering high-impact presentations and proof-of-concept environments at customer facilities
- Becoming the technical knowledge resource for the sales virtual team and identifying development areas in knowledge levels
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent within a technical field
- Minimum 5 Years’ experience in technical consultative presales of enterprise solutions
- Thorough understanding of servers, storage, associated storage area networks and enterprise software
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with sales teams with the ability to define client solutions through RFI’s and RFP’s
- Some travel required – Approximately 20%
- Security Clearance NV2
- Industry certifications with leading partners such as VMWare, Microsoft, SAP, Oracle
- Knowledge and experience with selling similar technology solutions
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here
LIPriorityJob ID: R072940