Enterprise Applications Framework Developer
Primary Location: Remote - Texas, United States
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States; Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States; Denver, Colorado, United States; Houston, Texas, United States; Miami, Florida, United States; Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States; New York City, New York, United States; Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States; Palo Alto, California, United States; Remote - Alabama, United States; Remote - Arizona, United States; Remote - California, United States (All Other); Remote - California, United States (Bay Area); Remote - California, United States (LA/Orange County); Remote - Colorado, United States; Remote - Connecticut, United States (All Other); Remote - Florida, United States; Remote - Georgia, United States; Remote - Kansas, United States; Remote - Kentucky, United States; Remote - Maryland, United States (COUNTY - All Other); Remote - Maryland, United States (COUNTY - Charles, Prince Georges, Montgomery); Remote - Massachusetts, United States; Remote - Michigan, United States; Remote - New Hampshire, United States; Remote - New Jersey, United States; Remote - New Mexico, United States; Remote - New York, United States (All Other); Remote - New York, United States (NY Metro); Remote - North Carolina, United States; Remote - Ohio, United States; Remote - Oklahoma, United States; Remote - South Carolina, United States; Remote - Tennessee, United States; San Antonio, Texas, United States
Software Principal Engineer
Dell Technologies has had a 37-year history and track record to deliver ground-breaking product, solutions and services to help customers on their modernization and digital transformation journey! We are making investment to bring modern hardware and software with cutting edge technologies to our customer, wherever they may be. If you want to join a massive transformational effort and feel excited by the opportunity to use technology to define new computing paradigms and business opportunities – this role may be just the right opportunity for you!
Join us as a Software Principal Engineeron the Software Engineering team in the US (Remote) to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
Be a part of a team that's modernizing and transforming products with its cutting edge software development kit, libraries and add-ons. Client Core engineering team designs and develops advanced libraries and add-ons for Dell's software with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal partners.
As a software principal engineer, you will be responsible for –
- Participate in designing the solution for the requirements
- Participate in full software development life cycle including development, test, continuous delivery and support
- Mentor and guide team members with technical collaboration, code reviews and processes
- May manage short term projects to successful completion
- Intellectual property development
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with minimum of 8-9 years of experience or Master's degree with 6-7 years of experience.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- 7+ years of development experience with C#
- Demonstratable experience in debugging (local as well as remote) complex enterprise application involving multiple processes and threads.
- 4+ years of hands on experience developing cross platform application with Xamarin/WPF/XAML and MVVM pattern.
- Technical expertise in .Net Core 3.1, .NET Framework, and Async Programming (threads and tasks)
- Technical expertise in writing Unit tests using MSTest/NUnit and mocking technologies.
- Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of software engineering fundamentals including algorithms and data structures, compilers, databases etc.
- Excellent understanding of Windows Operating System
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in an agile team environment.
- Must be able to work independently
- Work experience with an enterprise software is important
- Exposure to mature development processes including use of source code control systems like GIT/Atlassian toolset, Jenkins, Static Code Analyzers.
- Experience with msbuild.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Application closing date:June 30, 2021.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live. Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job ID: R098875