Advisor, Enterprise Tech SupportChennai, India 12/07/2018
Enterprise Technical Support Advisor
As an Enterprise Technical Support Advisor, the candidate will be responsible for troubleshooting issues technical solutions for a range of dynamic Networking / Datacenter environments. At times, he may be expected to provide design suggestions on these environments. Advisor will assist Enterprise Frontline Engineers by replicating customer environments in our onsite Networking/Data Center Labs. Advisor will have opportunities to deploy complex solutions and to assist other deployment teams globally. An expectation for this role is the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues across multiple Networking platforms and involving multiple Networking technologies. Advisor will be expected to have an Advanced Level of understanding on Networking Concepts (Wired & Wireless) and reasonable understanding of Server and Storage interworking, as well as how all of these components interact. Advisor will also be expected to develop and maintain deep knowledge and specialization in a relevant enterprise product or technology. Advisor is also expected to have knowledge in Wireless technologies and protocols.
This role puts the candidate in front of emerging technologies and provides the latest in high level training. Advisor will also mentor and train others in this industry-leading environment.
This Role is meant for providing Escalations level Technical support to Dell Enterprise Networking customers through FL agents or customers directly. The role is also responsible for resolving complex hardware and software problems in high speed networking environments. This engineer will respond to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems. Also the candidate is expected to interface with Development/Sustaining Engineering when a problem cannot be resolved. So, the advisor should have advanced knowledge/expertise in high speed networking and be well versed in competing technologies, competitive product features, configurations, and industry direction. He is also responsible for managing major accounts and resolving critical customer issues. Other responsibilities include, but limited to, replicating customer networks, documenting customer networks, contributing to knowledge base, mentoring junior engineers, making recommendations for product and process improvements, and helping other team members.
- Use technical ability to resolve highly complex issues in the offered solutions for the Enterprise global Networking customers.
- Coach, mentors and provides guidance to employees to help them improve their technical skills
- Provide technical assistance to help resolve issues relating to a variety of enterprise technologies
- Research and reproduce technical issues using enterprise data center lab resources
- Work with vendors’ engineering group to provide solutions to complex issues
- Develop and deliver training related to technical specialties
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in Networking/Datacentre Environments.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in Global Technical/Customer Support (TAC) Environment.
- ME/MTech, BE/BTech in CS/EE or equivalent.
- Certifications like CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CWNA, ACMA, ACMP, VCA, VCP or other equivalent & relevant certifications.
- Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Expert level troubleshooting skills.
- Creative problem solving skills and dedication to seek problem resolution
- Have the ability to work independently and also as a team to resolve problems.
- Good customer-relation skills and the ability to communicate intelligently and efficiently.
- Desire to learn new technologies, adapt leadership techniques, and implement networking best practices.
- Weekend shift as well as Shift Flexibility required.
- Extensive knowledge of Advanced Networking Protocols like, but not limited to BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, Multicast, RIP, STP, MSTP, PVST, RSTP etc.
- Strong understanding of following Networking Technologies, but not limited to : Switching and Routing, TCP/IP, VRRP, 802.1Q, QoS, Policy Based Routing, ACL, WAN Protocols, firewall, load-balancer, packet sniffing, FCoE, Convergence, Fiber Optics.
- Advanced Knowledge in Wireless technology: AP, Roaming, SSID, Controller, Interference, 802.11 standards (a,b,g and n) etc.
- Basic Knowledge on Server concepts like Microsoft, Linux, VmWare/Virtualization etc. and Basic Knowledge on Storage concepts is an added advantage.
- Good working Knowledge in both Windows & other OS (UNIX, Linux) environment.
- Working knowledge of MPLS and IPv6 are desirable.
- Experience in ISP Environment or large Data Center network is highly desirable.
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Advisor on our Enterprise Technical Support team in Chennai
We go out of our way to give our customers the help they need. Our Enterprise Technical Support team specializes in our most highly technical and sophisticated products – from IT hardware and software to servers, networking, storage and the cloud. Issues can span installation, operation, configuration, customization, performance and usage. Fully trained on the latest upgrades or new products, the team can diagnose the problem and recommend the right solution remotely by telephone, e-mail, chat or online.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you want to be at the leading edge of technically challenging customer support, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Product-Services Job ID: R80960
Related Job Opportunities
- Technical Support Engineer 2, Enterprise Technical Support Chennai, India
- Technical Support Engineer, Enterprise Tech Support Chennai, India
- Technical Support Engineer, Enterprise Tech Support Chennai, India
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.