Network Dev Engineer 2 (QoS, NPU)Apply Now Job ID R07305 Date posted 10/09/2017
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
- Will be able to come up with test plan for the feature/protocol requirement inline to PRD/SRS requirement.
- Will be able to map & correlate the Devtest test cases inline to functional and design spec.
- Dynamically able to work with the team and adopt the feature requirement for the releases.
- Identify the enhancements and work with Cross Functional team for improvements, drive them to completion.
- Able to understand/learn on current technology test methods and tools.
- In specific fields of expertise, able to conduct technical training for junior engineers within the test group
- Works across test groups to reduce test redundancy and close gaps in test coverage
- Good knowledge in test process and testing tools.
- Good knowledge bug filing and related tools, different debugging methods.
- Develops and executes test automation scripts
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- The Engineer is expected to design and develop features/solutions on QoS, WRED, ECN, ACL, DCB, DCBx, SPAN, Policy services components as part of networking switches operating in data center and cloud environments.
- Primary areas of expertise can include QoS, WRED, ECN, ACL, DCB, DCBx, SPAN, Policy services in addition to one or many of L2/L3 switching, Openflow, VxLAN, Geneve, Monitoring applications.
- The development experience in any of Broadcom, Cavium, Mellonox NPUs is a must
- Able to work based on Open Networking development principles and create applications over open source network operating system of Dell.
- Must have good Linux knowledge from development tools and networking perspective.
- Must be strong in C/C++ languages with good debugging skills.
- Must have at least 2+ years of experience working in a collaborative atmosphere and across virtual teams in different geographic locations.
- Python skill is desirable
Job ID: R07305
- Advisor, Import/Export Chennai, Tamil Nadu| Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Network Dev Sr Engr(L3 Protocol, IP Data, Multicast, Linux Chennai, Tamil Nadu