Network Development Senior Principal Engineer (C Programming, L3/L3, Chipset, Sustenance)Chennai, India 08/17/2018
Network Development Senior Principal Engineer
At DELL we engage and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Network Development Senior Principal Engineer on our Network Engineering team in Chennai.
When it comes to network switching products and network management systems, Dell is at the cutting edge. Our Network Development Engineering team is responsible for their design, development and testing. We put into place robust project plans for all projects, resolve business issues, coordinate teams and manage budgets – all to meet current and future business requirements. Focused on the needs of our customers within the changing world of technology, we ensure all software and hardware products are interoperable and compatible with network standards.
- Final escalation point for customer issues
- Works with support and customer Dev ops in resolving the field issues reported
- Should be able to come up with alternate network design solutions
- Should be able to debug and identify required changes at the architecural or implementation level of source code for the products.
- Should be able to debug at network chipset operational level. For example should be comfortable with Broadcom APIs .
- Responsible for customer communication as well as executive updates
- Network protocols both L2 and L3.
Knowledge of Data center and campus deployment use cases
- In depth knowledge of DELL networking products both at behavioral and architectural level
- Good understanding about the Common Network Chipsets used. Broadcom is must.
- Ability to simplify the problem statement leading to consistent recreation of the efforts.
- Opensource echo system for networking products.
- Knowledge of major data center deployments like Azure.
- Work with cross functional and multicultural teams.
- Passion and drive to own activities and drive to completion, influencing and evangelizing the customer to adopt the right solution.
- Ability to translate innovative ideas into IP by filing Patents. Should already have filed patents in the are of networking.
- Proven mentoring and training experience.
- 12+ years of proven experience in handling complex customer issues out of which a good amount of expertise should be on DELL networking products
- Linux/FreeBSD device drivers
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain solutions to customer.
- Understanding about Cavium chipset
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you're keen to deliver a leading-edge network switching products and network management systems, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering-Development Job ID: R61430
Related Job Opportunities
- Network Development Engineer - Diagnostics Chennai, India
- Network Development Principal engineer Chennai, India
- Network Development Senior Principal Engineer (C++ / Java / Python / C) Chennai, India
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.