Staff Solutions Engineer- 7+ years of Full-Stack Developer experience - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Chennai,India
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
The position of Staff Solutions Engineer provides a unique opportunity to grow your career by deepening your infrastructure, cloud and networking expertise and implementing DevOps model using Infrastructure as Code. You will have opportunities to work closely with emerging and exciting technologies, lead full stack development and provide technical solutions that align with VMware’s business needs.
This position plays a key role in the organization, and through it you will work on projects focusing on IT domains including but not limited to public/private/hybrid clouds, security, virtualization, networking, and automation. You will be an integral part of the solution cycle, collaborating with various business units, performing technical evaluations, and driving projects all the way from prototype phase to production rollout.
If you are looking for a role that keeps you engaged, challenges you and gives you ample learning opportunities, then this is the place for you.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- Within 30 days of employment, you will be able to understand the VMware IT Infrastructure, standard procedures, and the team’s ongoing projects.
- Within 90 days of employment, you will take part in projects that involve development and implementation of automation solutions using DevOps model and Infrastructure as Code to accelerate project delivery and improve Day 2 operations.
- Within 180 days of employment, you will have fair amount of hands-on experience and expertise in the team’s projects to be able to lead projects related to network, storage, compute, and cloud using agile methodology.
- Within 360 days of employment, you will be able to collaborate across VMware IT and various business units to lead implementation of best-in-class technological solutions to meet requirements of the Enterprise, while providing excellent colleague experience, and end to end security.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
Your regular activities may be modified to suit your professional strengths and business and organizational requirements, but you can expect a variety of the following assignments:
- Lead and collaborate in full stack software development projects including both front-end and back-end configurations.
- Gather business requirements from service owners and stake holders and complete Paper Assessment and Proof of Concept of new technology solutions.
- Use DevOps model to accelerate and improve projects across various IT domains like networking, security, operating systems, and public clouds.
- Implement and design Production Pilots and provide escalation support in partnership with service owners.
- Co-innovate with various VMware R&D teams to build solutions for meeting new business requirements/goals.
- Define and decide development technology and platform for system development, maintenance, and enhancement efforts across multiple solutions to ensure consistent solutions delivery
- Lead activities to develop, document, and maintain complex architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces, and designs for software system with agile workflow.
- Design, develop and manage client-side and server-side architecture, including connectivity, services and database.
- Leads development of code and integration of complex software components into a fully functional software system.
- Install, configure, and support network infrastructure and core services such as DNS, Load Balancers, DHCP, VPN and firewalls
- Lead Infrastructure as a Code initiatives and automation of Day 2 operations using programming languages and automation tools including but not limited to Python, SaltStack, Terraform, Ansible, Java, Angular and Jenkins.
- Design and implement cloud solutions in Public, Private, and Hybrid clouds (such as VMware Cloud on AWS, AWS, Azure, GCP, GCVE, AVS).
- Build and maintain highly available systems on Kubernetes.
- Hands on with Containerization (Docker) and Container orchestration platforms (Kubernetes), Ingress/Egress, Access control
- Implement an auto-scaling system for our Kubernetes nodes.
- Represent operational ownership during transition period, perform operational tasks, on-call support and troubleshooting complex technical issues.
- Document and update product's technical findings preparing for both in-depth and high-level overview presentations.
- Aspire to constantly seek to expand your technical expertise and knowledge of new technologies with internal training offerings and self-study.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
IT Solutions Engineering and Design organization has been focused on leading evaluation and implementation of new technology solutions from inception to go-live while collaborating across VMware IT and R&D teams to meet enterprise requirements. The team’s scope of work includes but is not limited to public/private cloud implementation, security, networking, and automation, with keep focus on leading implementation of best-in-class technological solutions to meet requirements of the Enterprise, while providing excellent colleague experience and end to end security.
We look for individuals who are self-driven and have the passion to learn new skills and solve complex technical issues. The leadership for this role believes in creating a pleasant and inclusive workplace and building strong relationships and collaboration within the team.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our on-site pantries
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-29
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2107138