Technical Support EngineerChennai, India 12/07/2018
Technical Support Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Analyst on our Enterprise Tech Support team in Chennai.
We go out of our way to give our customers the help they need. Our Enterprise Technical Support team specializes in our most highly technical and sophisticated products – from IT hardware and software to servers, networking, storage and the cloud. Issues can span installation, operation, configuration, customization, performance and usage. Fully trained on the latest upgrades or new products, the team can diagnose the problem and recommend the right solution remotely by telephone, e-mail, chat or online.
- Provide Technical support to Dell customers and partners via phone, email, or chat.
- Support associates, answer questions about installation, operation, customization, performance, and usage of Dell CCC/Wyse products (Thin Clients), SDN Products & Networking.
- Applies technical knowledge to analyze and use highly technical troubleshooting tools, content and analytical practices; uses operational and diagnostic procedures to resolve issues
- Effectively communicates procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast-paced and customer critical environment
- Assumes complete ownership of customer issue until resolved involving multiple inbound and outbound communications; owns the issue and engages/collaborates with multiple resources
- May triage unresolved software issues according to department procedures and answer technical questions, resolve or escalate problems
- After training/learning period, manages own schedule of cases, which includes determining priority levels and sometimes will include negotiating and setting expectations with customers
- Maintains/builds relationships with other groups that impact the technical aspect for support services (e.g. tool content teams, product group)
- Should have good knowledge in Virtualization, Server Administration, Cloud concepts & Networking
- Microsoft Server OS 2003/2008/2012, SQL Server
- VMware - VMWare View (VCA/VCP is a plus), Virtual Machine Management, VM Storage, VM Networking
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SNMP, FTP, TFTP)
- Citrix - Citrix XenApp & XenDesktop (CCEA is a plus)
- Strong written/verbal communication & interpersonal skills
- Night shifts (EST / PST)
- Strong telephone etiquette skills
- Knowledge of products, customer service, policies and procedures
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
BE/BTech with 1 - 3 years Technical Support Experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you want to be at the leading edge of technically challenging customer support, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: 28th December 2018.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Product-Services Engineering Graduates Job ID: R81955
Related Job Opportunities
- Technical Support Engineer Chennai, India
- Network Dev Senior Engr (L3 Protocol, IP Data, Multicast, Linux) Chennai, India
- Advisor, Project/Program Management, Call Center Operations Multiple Locations
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.